How adorable are these Easter Bunny Shaped Rolls? The secret to shaping the ears is Kitchen Shears! Use your favorite roll recipes to bake these bunnies or try the one below. Your family will love to see these cute bunnies on the Easter dinner table this year.
**Please note that you will probably want to practice the ear shaping technique ahead of time because the photo above is from a professional chef. Your results may vary. Also please note that the recipe below is NOT the recipe used in the picture you see above.**
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- Put the butter, the sour cream and water in a small saucepan and heat, but do not cook. Cool to tepid then add the remaining ingredients. Put in a kneader (or use your kneader attachment on your mixer if you have one). If thick add more water.
- Let it rise double and cut into 16 equal parts.
- Baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicone baking mat and cut the ears with kitchen shears. When the dough is STILL SOFT, Make sure you smooth the edges around, so you do not end up with gremlin shaped horns.
- The eyes can then be put in, use pepper grains or similar.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Looking for easy Easter table decor? Check out my blog post about DIY Easter Centerpieces with Peeps and Tulips.