Apple and peanut butter are a delicious, good-for-you combination. Apple nachos aren’t really what you think of when you hear the words “apple nachos.” There are no tortilla chips, salsa or cheeses involved in the creation of this easy snack. It’s simply sliced apples drizzled with your choice of toppings like melted peanut butter and chocolate. So yummy. It’s a quick and easy after school snack or dessert.
Click to Follow Me on Pinterest
The first time I heard of Apple Nachos was months ago on Pinterest. They looked so good, I pinned the recipe right away. And pretty much immediately forgot about it. Lucky for me, another Apple Nachos pin caught my eye last week. It reminded me that I really wanted to make these for my family. I used the ingredients I already had on hand in my pantry to make the ones you see here. The recipe is below.
Easy Apple Nachos Recipe
- 2 apples (your favorite variety)
- 3 T. peanut butter
- 1 T. honey
- 3 T. milk chocolate chips
- 1 T. coconut oil
- Shredded Coconut (about a handful)
- 1/4 cup Dried Fruit (I used Cherries, Blueberries, and Cranberries)
1. Slice apples into thin slices.
2. Melt and stir chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute or until chips are fully melted. Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate on top of apple slices.
3. Melt and stir peanut butter and honey together in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds or until melted. Drizzle on top of apple slices.
4. Sprinkle the other toppings onto the apples: coconut and dried fruit. Serve.
Other topping suggestions: Granola, Mini Marshmallows, Sliced Almonds, Mini Chocolate Chips, Raisins, and Caramel
I think a Make Your Own Apple Nachos bar could be fun for informal get togethers when you need to serve simple snacks. Granny Smith apples topped with melted caramel sounds good to me, too.
Another one of my FAVORITE ways to eat apples is with this 3-ingredient apple dip. It is SO GOOD. I 100% recommend you try it. My kids would eat apples all day long with this. I have even eaten this dip with a spoon (no apples in sight!).
Some of my favorite bloggers are also doing Pinterest Remakes! Check out all the things they have done at the links below.
- Overnight Oats Recipe with Yogurt by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- DIY Serving Tray by Homemaking Hacks
- Pumpkin Mini Baked Donuts Recipe with Apple Sauce by Our Family World
- DIY Whipped Body Butter by My So Called Balanced Life
- DIY Skin Detox Body Scrub by Oh So Savvy Mom
- Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos by Better in Bulk
- Pinterest Inspired Bud Vase – A Simple DIY Craft by Three Different Directions
- DIY Spring Clothespin Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Oatmeal Energy Balls Recipe by Sweep Tight
- Thumbprint Birthday Cards by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Nail Art: Easy Geometric Style by LW Vogue