Mom Always Finds Out is a Good Cook Kitchen Expert blogger and has received Good Cook products for my consideration. Regardless, all opinions expressed in this avocado brownie recipe blog post are my own.
Did you know that you can substitute healthy avocado for fatty oils in some recipes? It’s true! Avocado may not work for all your baking needs, but I used avocado instead of oil to make this fudgy avocado brownie recipe. They were a hit at our house!
Fudgy Avocado Brownies Recipe
Cook Time: 35 minutes Cool Time: 1 hour
Makes: 12-16 brownies
- 1 Avocado (peeled, halved and pitted)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 stick (4 T.) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
optional: 1-2 T. confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place avocado into mixing bowl and mix until fully mashed. Add white sugar and mix until fully incorporated.
- Melt the butter and cocoa powder together in a double boiler over low heat. Be sure to stir constantly so the chocolate does not scorch or stick to the sides. Once your chocolate is ready, remove it from heat and allow it to cool down before adding it to the avocado/sugar mixture.
- Then, beat eggs into the mix, one at a time. Add the cinnamon, vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until fully blended.
- Place the brownie batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes (or until brownies are done). Allow to cool for one hour before serving. Optional: Dust the tops of brownies with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
Tip: Use a pizza wheel to neatly slice brownies and lift them out with a spatula.
I love to use Good Cook professional kitchen tools. I recently learned about a new gadget, the Avocado Slicer, that makes pitting and slicing avocados a breeze. You can add the Good Cook Avocado Slicer and other handy ProFreshonals tools like the Citrus Reamer and Citrus Zester to your kitchen for 25% off at GoodCook.com when you use promo code: LoveAvocado.