A simple pasta dish can really save my day when there’s not a lot of time to cook. This Avocado Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe changes things up for my family by using a make ahead homemade pesto sauce instead of tomato sauce. If you don’t have time to cook the chicken, either leave it out entirely (this makes a great meatless meal!) or do what I do and pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store.
Avocado Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 box (12 oz) spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup pesto (Homemade Pesto Recipe)
- 2 Avocados, halved and pitted
- Fresh Lemon Juice (use 1/2 a lemon’s worth of juice)
- 1 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded to bite size
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Mash avocados, lemon juice and pesto together in a large bowl.
- Toss spaghetti with pesto, chicken and sun-dried tomatoes.
If you try this avocado pasta recipe at home, I hope you will let me know what you think. Put your own spin on it and let us know how it turns out in the comments below!