Balloons are one of my favorite ways to decorate for a party. They are colorful, fun and can be used in a lot of different ways. An easy DIY party idea is to make balloon centerpieces. A Balloon Flower Centerpiece is the perfect table decoration for Easter and Spring parties. It only takes a few minutes to make one when you use a Balloon Time Kit, which includes a portable helium-filled tank, 30 assorted colors 9″ latex balloons and a spool of ribbon.
I received a complimentary Balloon Time Kit to help me make this craft. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. This blog post may contain affiliate links.
I used a tin Easter basket filled with paper grass and eos lip balm as a weight to hold down the flower balloons. The eos lip balms look like colorful Easter eggs to me. Party guests can take one home as a party favor. You could also fill the basket with candy or plastic eggs.
How to make balloon flower centerpieces:
- 4 latex balloons for petals
- 1 latex balloon for center
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Balloon ribbon or string
- A small bucket or basket
- optional fillers: eos Lip Balm, paper grass
1. Make the flower petals: Inflate two balloons to about 8 inches with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie them off at the end. Then, use balloon ribbon to tie the two balloons together. Tip: Use the same color balloons to make all the petals.
2. Inflate the remaining two petal balloons, tie them off and use balloon ribbon to tie them to each other.
3. Use balloon ribbon to tie the two petal balloon sets together in the center to make a flower shape.
4. Inflate the center balloon to about 6 inches and tie it off.
5. Use balloon ribbon to tie the center balloon to the middle of the flower.
6. Attach a 3 foot length of balloon ribbon to the balloon flower and secure it to the bucket (or basket) by tying it or with clear tape. If necessary, use clear tape to secure the back side of the bottom petal balloon to the string so that the balloon flower stays in place.
7. Fill the bucket (or basket) with paper grass and add your fillers.