The blog post Instant Pot Banana Bread Recipe contains Amazon affiliate links. I may earn a commission for sales made through affiliate links, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Moist, delicious banana bread made in the Instant Pot.
This easy banana bread recipe is a keeper!
My Instant Pot never ceases to amaze me at the things it can make. Its latest accomplishment is delicious banana bread.
I used this bundt cake pan because it came highly recommended for use in a 6 quart Instant Pot. The finished banana bread slid out perfectly without sticking to the cake pan at all.
The best bananas to use for banana bread are overripe ones. Wait for the bananas to start turning from yellow to brown/black. Once they are all the way brown/black, that’s perfect! It’s okay if they are still a little bit yellow. As long as they have started turning brown/black, they will be good.
A kitchen tool you need to make this banana bread is a flour sifter. Use it to sift your flour BEFORE measuring it out for this recipe.
Note: *If you don’t have a flour sifter, you can use a whisk to stir your flour for a similar effect. The reason to sift the flour is to add some air to help make the banana bread be less dense/heavy.
In addition to an Instant Pot and bundt cake pan, you will need to use the trivet that came with your Instant Pot. Go ahead and put that into the Instant Pot so it will be ready to hold the bundt cake pan up off the bottom of the Instant Pot liner.
You will also need to cover your bundt cake pan with aluminum foil while it bakes in the Instant Pot. Just spray a piece of foil, large enough to cover the top of the bundt cake pan, with nonstick cooking spray. This helps keep the cake from getting too much moisture on it while it bakes.
Scroll down for the recipe and directions for how to make banana bread in the Instant Pot. Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment in the comments section below. I will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Be sure to come back and comment to let me know how this banana bread recipe worked for you!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 3 regular size bananas)
- 1 ¾ cups + 2 Tbsp sifted flour *Sift flour BEFORE measuring
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Grease and lightly flour a 6-cup bundt cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the Greek yogurt, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined and there are no dry spots left. For best results, do not over-mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan. Cover the top of the bundt cake pan with a piece of aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray (sprayed side down so the cake won't stick to it.)
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups water. Put the bundt cake pan on the trivet, close the lid and seal. Press the Manual/Pressure Cook button, make sure the Pressure Level Display says "High," and adjust the cooking time to 50 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, just let it sit for 15 minutes and do a "Natural Release." Then, flip the pressure release valve from "Sealing" to "Venting" to quick release any remaining pressure. Open the Instant Pot lid and carefully remove the bundt cake pan. Remove aluminum foil from the top of cake pan.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove it from the cake pan to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
If you live at a high altitude, be sure to adjust Instant Pot cooking time accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 14 One-Touch Programs
CHEFMADE Bundt Cake Pan, 6.5-Inch Non-Stick FDA Approved for Instant Pot Baking
Norpro 3-Cup Stainless Steel Rotary Hand Crank Flour Sifter With 2 Wire Agitator