This post is sponsored by Sivan Social. All comments and opinions are my own.
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) is one of the best Christmas movies ever. I remember the very first time I ever watched this movie. My family saw it in the movie theater on Thanksgiving Day 2000.
Ever since that day, How The Grinch Stole Christmas movie has been one of my favorite Christmas movies. It’s one of the Christmas movies my family must watch together every year.
The best part is that no matter how many times we see the movie, it is still just as hilarious and entertaining as the very first time.
We are big fans of The Grinch movie at my house! I have no doubt we will be watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas many times this holiday season.
The Grinch Snack Ideas
Of course, we like to eat popcorn while we watch The Grinch movie. In honor of the 20th anniversary of How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), we are sharing one of our favorite Grinch snack ideas: Grinch Popcorn!
Grinch Popcorn is the perfect amount of sweet and salty, with a touch of marshmallow gooey to hold it all together. It’s easy to make with JOLLY TIME Popcorn. Read on for The Grinch Popcorn Recipe below!
JOLLY TIME POPCORN COUPON
Be sure to open your Valpak mailer for a $1/off JOLLY TIME Popcorn coupon. Plus, thousands of envelopes will contain a certificate for a FREE box of JOLLY TIME popcorn. It could be yours!
WIN $10,000 in Christmas Cash!
Enter for a chance to win $10,000 in Christmas Cash! Click on: Valpak’s ‘Tis the Season to be Jolly Sweepstakes, sponsored by JOLLY TIME.
- Bag of Microwave Popcorn (12-13 cups popped)
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Red, Green, and White Sprinkles
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup Powdered White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Red and Green coated chocolate candies (optional)
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan on a medium-low heat. Stir in 4 cups mini marshmallows, and continue to stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove marshmallows from heat. Stir in powdered cake mix, milk, and sprinkles. Note: The sprinkles may melt into the warm marshmallow mix, so you may want to reserve more sprinkles to add at the end.
- While the marshmallow mix is still warm, quickly and carefully pour it over the popped popcorn. Stir to coat the popcorn.
- Add red and green candies and additional sprinkles if desired.
We like this recipe best with microwave popcorn that isn't already too buttery flavored. Plain white popcorn is perfect.
Adding red and green chocolate candies is optional, but we love to sprinkle them into our Grinch popcorn if we have them handy.
This popcorn is best served immediately or on the same day you make it. However, it can be stored up to 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Best Christmas Movies
Once you’ve popped your JOLLY TIME popcorn, you’re all set to watch the best Christmas movies. What Christmas movies will you be watching this holiday season?
Remember: If you’re looking for funny Christmas movies to watch, don’t miss Jim Carrey as The Grinch in How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)!