This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you want a decent breakfast at my house, the weekends are the best time to stop by. I love to wake up on Saturday morning and not have to rush to get everyone dressed and out of the house. It’s a lot more fun to spend the early part of Saturday cooking a family breakfast. By the time it’s ready, everyone is usually hungry and hovering around the kitchen waiting for me to announce it’s time to eat.
My job in the kitchen is much easier when I bake with Simply Potatoes. This line of fresh (never frozen) potatoes have already been peeled (and/or shredded) so they are ready to go into our favorite breakfast dishes, weekday dinners and casseroles. Find all sorts of brunch, simple side dishes and holiday recipes at Simply Potatoes Favorites.
One easy muffin tin breakfast I like to make with Simply Potatoes Hash Browns is Southwestern Style Cheesy Hash Brown Muffins. We really like the bold Southwest flavors found in the Simply Potatoes Southwestern Style Hash Browns (onion, peppers, jalapeno and spices). Any leftover hash brown muffins can be refrigerated and reheated for fast and easy breakfasts later on in the week.
SOUTHWESTERN STYLE CHEESY HASH BROWN MUFFINS RECIPE
Makes 18 muffins
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes Southwestern Style Hash Browns
- 6 ounces sausage *can sub bacon
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated plus 1.5 cups Cheddar cheese, grated and set aside
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- optional: Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Crumble and brown sausage and green pepper in a skillet. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 2 cups cheese, cooked sausage and diced pepper. Mix well.
3. Press hash brown mixture into muffin cups so that the bottom and sides are covered, leaving a slight indentation in the middle of each muffin.
4. Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons of beaten eggs into each muffin (this is why you want to make an indentation in the middle of each muffin).
5. Cover the muffin pan with a layer of aluminum foil and bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, remove the muffin pan from the oven and take off the aluminum foil.
6. Working quickly and carefully, sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the remaining shredded Cheddar cheese. Put the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Muffin Removal Tip: Trace around the sides of each muffin with a blunt knife and use a large spoon to lift the muffin out of the pan from the bottom.
Simply Potatoes come in several varieties including hash browns, mashed potatoes and cut potatoes. Which kinds could you use in your breakfast, dinner or brinner (breakfast for dinner) recipes?
WHERE TO BUY:
Simply Potatoes can be found in the refrigerated dairy section of your grocery store. See more recipe ideas when you follow Simply Potatoes on Pinterest.