As an Amazon affiliate, I earn commissions from purchases made through my affiliate links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
This chocolate chip cake recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Tastes like the cake version of everyone’s favorite chocolate chip cookie!
If you love chocolate chip cookies and you love cake, this chocolate chip cake is for you. It is easy to make a delicious, moist pound cake from a yellow cake mix. For a pretty presentation, bake it in a bundt cake pan.
Nobody will guess that this cake recipe starts with a yellow cake mix. We will fancy the cake mix up a bit by adding a vanilla pudding mix, and two different kinds of chocolate. Be sure to have a grater on hand. You will need one to to grate the dark chocolate bar.
Grated chocolate in the cake batter adds chocolate flecks to the finished cake and just the right amount of chocolate taste in every bite. We also add mini chocolate chips so this cake is just like eating a favorite chocolate chip cookie.
I mix the cake ingredients together using my Kitchenaid stand mixer, but you can also use a hand mixer and bowl. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the cake batter at the end with a spoon or spatula. Carefully remove the finished cake from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a rack before serving.
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Ounces Unsweetened Baker's Chocolate, Grated
- 6 Ounces Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, milk, pudding mix, eggs, and oil. Mix at a medium speed until well mixed - about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spoon or spatula to fold in the grated chocolate and mini chocolate chips. Stir them in so they are evenly distributed throughout the cake batter.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter and light flour. Pour the cake batter mixture into the bundt pan.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until cake is completely done.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cake from the bundt pan by tapping the pan a few times and gently shaking the pan to help loosen the cake. Invert the pan onto a cooling rack, lift it off and let the cake continue to cool on the rack.
Need an easy no bake dessert? My never fail, go-to dessert is OREO Dirt Cake. It’s my family’s most requested dessert.