My aunt has been making this cake for our family get togethers for at least 30 years. I remember it being one of my favorite things on the dessert table. A few years ago, I got her chocolate chip pound cake recipe so I could bake it for my own kids. It’s easy to make because it uses a yellow cake mix. One of these cakes usually disappears within a day at our house!
The vanilla pudding combines with the cake mix to make a deliciously moist cake. And don’t be afraid to grate a chocolate bar – it’s super easy – do it just like how you’d grate a block of cheese. I prefer the mini chocolate chips in this recipe, but if you like a bigger chocolate taste feel free to go for it and use regular sized chips.
Click to download a printable version of this Chocolate Chip Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe.
Chocolate Chip Vanilla Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz. mini chocolate chips
- 2 oz. bar of unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bundt cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Grate the unsweetened chocolate bar and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, milk, pudding mix, eggs, and oil. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Stir in grated unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Carefully turn it out onto a cake plate and let it finish cooling. Serve.
What are some of your favorite family dessert traditions?