A Chocolate Souffle dessert sounds like something that is hard to make at home. But it’s really not! Try this easy-to- make recipe and enjoy a savory dessert with your family. They are best served warm right out of the oven.
Chocolate Souffle Recipe
- 3 tablespoons sugar, granulated – divided
- 2 ½ ounces chocolate, bitter or semi-sweet – chopped
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 tablespoon cream, heavy
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. white flour
- Sugar, powdered – as garnish, optional
1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Lightly coat two 10-ounce ramekins with cooking spray; coat the insides of each with 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar.
2. Place chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Whisk egg yolk and cream in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in the chocolate until smooth, then whisk in flour and cinnamon until incorporated.
4. Beat egg whites and salt in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in four additions, until stiff, glossy peaks form.
5. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold half the beaten whites into the chocolate mixture until fairly smooth; then gently fold this combined mixture back into the remaining egg whites until no white streaks remain.
6. Divide between the prepared ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Bake until puffed and firm to the touch, 18 to 22 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Saturated Fat: 9g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Fat: 15g
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of BetterEats.com, where healthy meets delicious