I love my dishwasher. It saves me so much time and hassle when it comes to cleaning up the kitchen. I load the dirty dishes, close the door, and fully expect to open that door to find sparkling clean dishes every time. The dishwasher detergents you use can definitely affect a dishwasher’s performance (for good or bad). The new Finish Power & Free line is perfect for moms like me, who want to use household products with lower levels of harsh chemicals without sacrificing performance.
In January 2014, FINISH®released three new dishwasher products featuring less harsh chemical formulas. Quantum® Power & Free™, Powerball® Power & Free™ and Jet-Dry® Power & Free™. I have been using the Quantum Power & Free dishwasher detergent and Jet-Dry Power & Free rinse aid in my dishwasher as part of the #CleanItForward challenge.
My dishwasher does at least one load of dirty dishes per day. Sometimes two. I like to run the dishwasher overnight so everything is clean in the morning. However, sometimes I forget to turn it on and wake up to crusty old dishes. It’s a good thing that Quantum Power & Free is strong enough to attack 24-hour dried on food!
I normally don’t use a rinse aid, but I decided to try it out and see if I could tell a difference. The Jet-Dry combined with the Finish Power & Free detergent performs better than using detergent alone so that dishes come out clean and residue-free. I noticed my glasses came out without any spots…so I’m pretty much sold on the need for a rinse aid now!
What I really like about the Quantum Power & Free dishwasher detergent is that it works well even in my hard water. And even though it uses less harsh chemicals, the detergent can still deliver a high level of performance. There is no chlorine bleach and less fragrances and dyes than the regular Quantum formula. I am so happy to find a dishwasher detergent option that is better for the environment.
I really like the convenience of using a dishwasher detergent capsule. There’s no mess and no measuring. Each 3-chamber Quantum capsule features powerful cleaning ingredients with Hydrogen Peroxide Action to get rid of food stains and leave only the shine behind. There’s nothing to unwrap. Simply put the capsule right into the dishwasher’s dispenser. And as for rinse aid, it really couldn’t be easier to take a few seconds each month to make sure my dispenser stays filled. I’ll definitely add Jet-Dry Power & Clean to my dishwasher routine from here on out.
Are you getting the most out of your dishwasher?
I learned about these dishwasher tips and tricks at dishwashingexpert.com and think they are definitely worth sharing!
- Scrape, yes. Pre-rinse, no. Scrape large food particles off dishes before loading them into the dishwasher. Do not pre-rinse. Pre-rinsing dishes wastes up to 20 gallons of water per load, energy, and may even prevent your detergent from working its best.
- Check your hot water. Dishwashers need hot water (about 120 degrees) to help dissolve food stains and activate key ingredients in your detergent. You may want to give your dishwasher’s hot water a jump start by running the kitchen sink’s tap until it heats up, then starting your dishwasher.
- Direction matters. Load dishes and utensils with the soiled side facing the source of water spray.
- Top vs Bottom Rack. Load heavier, dirtier dishes on the bottom rack. Put cups, glasses and less soiled items on the top rack.
- Use a rinse aid. Rinse aids work during the rinse cycle to protect against spots, film and residue. For best results, fill your dishwasher’s rinse aid dispenser once a month.
- Avoid build-up. A dishwasher cleaner helps break down grease and mineral buildup in the hidden parts of your dishwashing machine. Use regularly to help maintain water flow and allow the dishwasher to reach optimal heating temperature. This keeps your dishwasher at its most effective.
WHERE TO BUY:
Finish Power & Free dishwasher products are available at nationwide retailers.
Are you ready to take the Finish #CleanItForward Challenge? Do you like to use products with less harsh chemicals? Try the new Finish Power & Free dishwasher products in your home. See just how sparkling clean your dishes can be with less harsh chemical formulas.