This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlanesToTheRescue #CollectiveBias
Disney Planes to the rescue this holiday season! Planes the Movie (Fire and Rescue) is now available on DVD. It’s going to make a great stocking stuffer for my kids. We were shopping at Walmart a few days ago, and noticed there are lots of Planes toys on Rollback prices. Perfect timing for last minute holiday gift ideas. The Disney Planes Fire & Rescue Die-Cast Vehicles (Rollback Price: $4.97) are another great choice for stocking stuffers!
I had 2 little Planes fans with me in Walmart’s Toy section, so I let them pick out one of the Rollback items to bring home with us. The Disney Planes Flight to the Finish Speedway (Rollback to $24.97) was the first thing to catch their eye. They eventually agreed on Disney Planes Fire & Rescue Die-Cast Vehicles ($14.97 Rollback Price), which is great because it’s a 3-pack so they can share! We got the set that includes one of our favorite Planes Characters: Disney Planes Dusty.
All of my kids love to color and craft. The big kids are out of school for holiday break, and one of our traditions is to bake and craft together. It keeps them all busy doing something constructive. We couldn’t find our usual paper garland for the tree this year (don’t worry, I am sure it will turn up again one of these Christmases), so I decided we should all work together to make a Disney Planes garland.
I’m sure one of my kids will eventually want a Planes birthday party, so I am saving this to be a party decoration! In the meantime, we added our Planes garland to our Christmas tree. It will go perfectly with the Planes toys they will be unwrapping on Christmas morning. I also made a paper cloud garland to hang above the Planes – it’s totally optional and easy to make, too.
How to make a Planes Garland Craft:
- Disney Planes Coloring Pages (click to download free Disney Planes Coloring Pages)
- Cardstock (White, Red, Gold)
- Twine or yarn
- Scissors, Glue, Hole Punch
- Markers, crayons and/or colored pencils
- Optional: Cotton Balls (for Cloud Garland, directions below)
1. Print Disney Planes Coloring Pages on white cardstock. *At printing, I resized some of the coloring pages (to 5×7) so they would print smaller-sized characters instead of printing them to fit the entire page.
2. Color the Disney Planes characters and cut them out.
3. Use colored cardstock (red and gold) as the garland flags. I used a ruler to draw a flag template that I could trace to make the rest of the colored flags. Cut out one flag per character. Glue one character onto each flag and allow to dry.
4. Use a hole punch to make a hole on the left and right top edge of the flags. Thread twine through the holes of each flag until your garland is complete. Tie off the ends with a knot. Your Planes garland is ready to hang!
Optional: How to make a Cloud Garland
I found a free clouds printable template online and printed it on white cardstock. Then, I cut out each cloud. My kids helped me use glitter glue to attach a fluffy piece of cotton in the center of each cloud. I used the hole punch to make a hole on each side of the clouds so I could thread them onto the twine to make a cloud garland. I hung the cloud garland above the Planes garland.
Arts and crafts are one of my favorite holiday traditions. I’d love to hear about yours! Please leave a comment below sharing your family traditions.