The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. Regardless, all opinions expressed are my own.
Just when I thought my love for Dyson vacuums couldn’t be topped…Dyson came out with the Dyson DC59 Animal Bagless. And I got one of them! I’m happiest when my hard floors are crumbless and my carpets are lined with vacuum tracks. The Dyson DC59 makes it easier than ever pull out the vacuum and do a quick once over the floors.
The Dyson DC59 Animal Bagless is cordless! No cord to unwind and rewind. That’s seriously half the battle of vacuuming, right?
At first I was skeptical that such a lightweight, cordless vacuum would be able to do a decent job of cleaning my floors. We are a 2 dog, 4 kid family. Read: There’s a lot of dog fur shedding, crumbs and other messes going on at our house. I just didn’t think the Dyson DC59 could handle us.
I was wrong.
This cordless, bagless vacuum is a powerhouse. Of course it is! It’s made by Dyson, the creators of my favorite vacuum cleaner in the world. Why did I even doubt?
Back to the Dyson DC59 and what it can do. This lightweight vacuum (only 4.65 pounds) has 3 times the suction of any other cordless vacuum in use. It picks up even the tiniest dust specks from the floor. And lots of pet hair (at my house!).
One 3.5 hour charging session of the battery allows for 26 minutes of cleaning time. That’s plenty of time for me to do our entire house (around 3000 square feet).
I’m not a motor expert, but I do know the new V6 motor means 50% more power than a V2; so the Dyson DC59 performs like an upright vacuum. And the much-loved 2 Tier Radial Cyclone technology is brought to a cordless vacuum for the first time. I love to watch all that dust and dirt spin in the canister.
If you are familiar with the DC44 predecessor, you’ll want to know that Dyson re-engineered the DC59’s brush bar for hard floor and carpet cleaning. The brush bar is wider (approx. 10” vs. 8” on the DC44). The DC59 has 1.5 times more power than the DC44. The V6 motor:
- Spins at 110,000rpm (5 times faster than a Formula One racecar engine)
- has a 4-pole magnet that delivers 50% more power than its predecessor, V2
- is 3 times smaller than a conventional vacuum motor
- is 350 Watts
- has a re-engineered nickel manganese cobalt battery
Dyson DC59 has a boost mode for super seriously powerful vacuum sessions. I just use the regular mode in our everyday life because the boost mode means I only have 6 minutes of cleaning time before it’s time to recharge the battery. Plus, the regular mode gets the job done most days.
It is very easy to empty the canister with the touch of one button. I also like it’s easy to get the filters in and out when it’s time to wash them. I never have to buy new filters.
Other specifications of the vacuum:
- 15 cyclones, arranged across 2 tiers
- Cyclones work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust
- Improved maneuverability due to smaller ball at the back
- Self-tightening mechanism keeps the brush bar stable
- New configuration of carbon fiber filaments and nylon bristle tips to remove fine dust and dirt across all floor types
- Extended neck for greater ease of use
- Soft-touch trigger is easier to hold (makes for longer clean time – people don’t need to keep it on when moving furniture, etc. equals less wasted energy)
- Handle now more comfortable to hold
- Hygienic one-touch bin emptying, now on both sides (for lefties and righties). One push empties bin, 2nd push detaches bin completely for washing, etc.
- Pre-motor filter located at the top; now much easier to take out for washing
I love using the 3 different vacuum cleaner attachments that come with the Dyson DC59. They snap on easily and can turn the DC59 into a compact handheld vacuum for cleaning the stairs, getting into the crevices of furniture, dusting the blinds and vacuuming the car. It’s so versatile, and being so lightweight, slim and cordless means I can easily go where no vacuum has gone before…in between and under furniture.
Just like with my other Dyson vacuum, I have found that the Dyson DC59 makes my life easier and in particular makes vacuuming the house an enjoyable chore. I’m really not just saying that. I reach for the DC59 for quick touch-ups every day. It’s especially handy when I find out we are having unexpected company and about 10 minutes to get the house presentable!
I would definitely recommend a Dyson DC59 ($499.99, BestBuy.com) to anyone looking for a powerhouse vacuum. Don’t let its small profile fool you, this Dyson is ready for anything your floors can throw at it. My house stays much cleaner (I vacuum daily with it) now that I have the convenience of a cordless vacuum.
Have you ever used a Dyson vacuum? What do you think about the new Dyson DC59 cordless?