This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
A cheese ball is a crowd-pleasing party snack. I brought this cheeseball to a recent party and was informed I would need to bring it to every party here on out! I guess that is one sure sign that people really, really enjoyed eating my cheese ball and Wheat Thins.
Wheat Thins are a perfect match for cheese balls. I like that they are delicious, crunchy crackers that don’t crumble and break apart when I dip them.
This easy cheese ball recipe is one my mom has made for years. I honestly don’t know why I have never made one of these for my family until now. Now that I have her recipe, I can share it with you and we can all make it anytime we want. No need to wait for a special occasion.
Speaking of special occasions, there’s not much time left to grab your Halloween Oreos this year! These cookies are definitely a treat for my kids. They were so happy when I said we could buy some. Halloween Oreos are perfectly colored for Halloween, thanks to the orange cream filling. By the way, the orange-colored filling tastes the same as the usual white filling. The cookies come in five spooky Halloween designs inside every package. We found our specially-marked Halloween Oreos on the end cap at Walmart.
SPECIAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be an in-store demo at select Walmart locations October 24-26th featuring Wheat Thins and Halloween Oreos.
Fake vampire fangs are handy for all sorts of things this time of year. For quick Halloween snacks, simply place an Oreo cookie right inside a set of fangs. It’s an eye-catching way to serve these #SpookySnacks.
Serve Halloween Oreos along with a cheese ball made to look like a pumpkin (just add a celery “stem”), and you have got yourself a cute party food table going on.
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Cream Cheese (8 oz package, softened to room temperature)
- Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese (8 oz, grated and softened to room temperature)
- Kraft Old English Cheese Spread (1 small jar)
- 2 T. lemon juice
- Jar of Pimentos (2 oz, drained)
- Chopped pecans (about a cup)
1. Add all three cheeses to a bowl and mash them together with a large spoon until completely combined.
2. Stir in lemon juice and pimentos.
3. Place the cheese mixture on a piece of wax paper and shape into a ball.
4. Cover the outside with a thin layer of chopped pecans.
*Optional TIP: How to make your cheese ball look like a pumpkin: Insert a celery stick down through the center of the cheese ball, leaving about a half inch poking out at the top to look like a pumpkin stem.
5. Cover and chill cheese ball in refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving with Wheat Thins crackers.
What are your favorite Halloween snacks? Will you be enjoying Wheat Thins and Halloween Oreos this year?
This post is shared at Thrifty Thursday linky party.