Thank you to CapriClear for sponsoring today’s discussion about eczema. All opinions expressed are my own. This blog post may contain affiliate links.
October is Eczema Awareness Month. If you suffer from Eczema, a skin condition also known as atopic dermatitis, you are not alone. There are 30 million Americans living with Eczema. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Eczema. However, the symptoms of Eczema can be controlled.
Ten tips for dealing with Eczema, courtesy of the National Eczema Association.
- Moisturize daily
- Apply a moisturizer within 3 minutes after bathing to “lock in” moisture
- Take lukewarm baths and showers, using mild soap or non-soap cleanser
- Gently pat your skin dry with a soft towel – do not rub
- Wear cotton or soft fabrics. Avoid rough, scratchy fibers and tight clothing
- When possible, avoid rapid changes of temperature and activities that make you sweat
- Learn your eczema triggers and avoid them
- Use a humidifier in dry or cold weather
- Keep your fingernails short to help keep scratching from breaking the skin
- Some people with allergies find it helps to remove carpets from their house, and give pets dander treatments.
CapriClear is a great option to keep sensitive skin hydrated. This all-natural moisturizer is 100% fractionated coconut oil. Fractionated coconut oil is the purest coconut oil available. It has no color, scent or preservatives. The oil does not stain skin or clothing.
CapriClear’s fine spray moisturizer is proven in testing to relieve symptoms of eczema and atopic dermatitis such as flaking, cracks, itching, scaling, redness, etc. But it is also an exceptionally gentle, and soothing multi-purpose moisturizer for the entire family that absorbs easily with no sticky residue. With cold, dry winter air on the way which has been known to exacerbate the symptoms of eczema, CapriClear is great to keep on hand.
Although we do not have eczema, I like to use CapriClear moisturizer on my own skin and my children’s skin. The spray bottle application makes it easy to put on skin. CapriClear absorbs almost instantly and does not leave any greasy or sticky residue. Our skin can get very dry during the winter months, and CapriClear can fight dryness on all types of skin.
CapriClear was developed by Dr. Betty Bellman as a safe and effective moisturizer for her patients with eczema, as well as her young daughter who was suffering from atopic dermatitis. Taking a single ingredient approach (the product contains only fractionated coconut oil – the purest part of the oil – and no fragrance, chemicals or irritants of any kind), she was successful.
CapriClear now proudly bears the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance™ on its packaging and is part of the organization’s Eczema and Sensitive Skin Education (EASE) program.
WHERE TO BUY:
CapriClear is available in Full Size and convenient Travel Size bottles at CapriClear.com (5.2 ounce full size bottle, $19.99), Walgreens, CVS, Ulta and Amazon.com