Fruit desserts like chocolate berry bowls make a lovely dessert display. You won’t believe how simple it is to make edible chocolate bowls out of melted chocolate chips. Chocolate bowls filled with your favorite fruits and berries are easy summer desserts. Visit my other blog post for the step-by-step directions about how to make chocolate balloon bowls.
Easy fruit desserts like chocolate berry bowls are perfect for parties!
Summer desserts made with fruits and berries are eye-catchingly colorful. Now that strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are in season, I am finding all sorts of ways to use them in dessert recipes and smoothies.
Hosting a Wine tasting party? Chocolate bowls filled with fruit and berries would be perfect for your dessert table!
Chocolate Berry Bowls:
What You’ll Need:
- Prepared edible chocolate bowls (get the recipe and directions here)
- Sliced fruits and/or berries (about a cup per bowl)
- optional: Whipped Cream Topping
- Wash and slice fruits and berries. Dry completely.
- Place about one cup of fruits and/or berries in each edible chocolate bowl.
- Serve immediately. Keep cool until ready to serve. Optional: Right before serving, garnish with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream topping on the side of the plate or on top of the fruit and berries, if desired.
More Fruit Suggestions: Sliced pineapples, apple slices, orange wedges, fresh cherries and cut bananas. If serving bananas, cut them in half and leave them in the peel to prevent browning. I use my apple slicer all the time for perfect apple slices. It cores and slices the apples in one swoop! A Pineapple Slicer is a must for making it easy to de-core and slice pineapples into neat pieces.
What are your favorite fruit desserts? Tell me, what fruits and berries would you use to fill chocolate dessert bowls? Whipped cream on the side or on top?