Thank you to Quaker for sponsoring this discussion about fun family activities and the Make the Play contest. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. #QuakerPlayMaker
There’s a lot to love about the Fall season. The leaves are turning beautiful colors, the weather is cooler but not yet cold. And every weekend we can watch our favorite football teams play. Football isn’t just on the weekends at my house. Lately, we have football on the brain 24/7 because…well, I guess that’s just how it is when you live in a house full of boys like I do!
My oldest son is playing his first year of tackle football and his dad is coaching. We have football practice or a game almost every weekday. No matter what day it is, we spend afternoons and evenings out in the yard throwing the football around until dark. The boys even try to keep throwing AFTER dark. They tell me the reason I can’t see the ball anymore isn’t because it’s dark, it’s because my eyes are OLD. (Hardy-har-har. Apparently I’m raising a bunch of little comedians.)
I love to throw the football around with my family because it’s a fun way to keep us all active. It’s definitely the boys’ favorite way to spend the day.
Quaker and The NFL.
This Fall, Quaker is joining forces with Fuel Up to Play 60 and the NFL to launch the For the Love of Play campaign to help fuel healthy families and encourage them to get active for 60 minutes of play per day. Physical activity and good nutrition are important for a healthy lifestyle.
Fall is a great time to get active with your family. There’s a lot of fun things to do together at home, at school and everywhere in between. Whether you play an organized sport or play a game of tag in the backyard, it’s the PLAY that matters most. What are some of your favorite ways to play?
Win a Play Date with Andrew Luck!
Indianapolis Colts Quarterback Andrew Luck is teaming up with Quaker for a third season to inspire families to think about eating right and getting active. Tell Quaker your family’s unique ways to play and you could win the Grand Prize “Day of Play” in your hometown with Andrew Luck, plus daily giveaways for a $50 NFLShop.com online gift card. Visit QuakerMakeThePlay.com now through December 1 to submit your entry.
Fun Family Activities for Fall
1. Set. HIKE! Fall is the football season. It can be a fun sport to watch and a fun sport to play! Grab a ball and enjoy a flag football game with your family.
2. It’s not just football season, it’s Apple season. Take your family out to the orchards and spend the afternoon picking apples.
3. Picked enough apples already? Fall is pumpkin pickin’ time, too. Head out to the pumpkin patch and explore til you find the perfect pumpkin.
4. Has Autumn fallen all over your yard in leaf form? Get the whole family outdoors to rake up a big pile of fun. Turn raking leaves from a chore into a game: See who can rake up the biggest pile. Once all the leaves are raked into one big pile, take turns jumping in them.
5. Fall Photo Walk. Grab a jacket and your camera so you’re ready to capture the colors of the season. Walk around your neighborhood or venture out to a local nature trail. Fall photos are some of my favorites!
After you submit your contest entry at QuakerPlayMaker.com, be sure to share your favorite family activities with us on social media, using hashtag #QuakerPlayMaker.