We had so much fun at last year’s Halloween party. The moms helped the kids make Ghost Footprint Art. Each of my kids put one of their footprints on an art canvas to make a ghost. Now this is one of my favorite Halloween decorations. I love to remember how little their feet used to be.
This is a super craft idea for a Halloween party activity. All it takes is a few materials and at least one adult to help the kids.
Note that my oldest child refused to participate and paint his foot – that’s why there is a blank spot with a smiley face on our Ghost Art. I’ll get him this year!
- Art Canvas (we used 8×10 size)
- Acrylic Paint (black and bright white)
- Glitter (silver)
- Foam painting sponges
- Halloween-colored Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint Pen (we used silver)
- Black Sharpie marker
*Towel and Wet Washcloth for cleanup
- Paint the art canvas with black paint. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle the canvas with a glitter (just a little will do the trick!). You can do Step One ahead of time so your canvas is dry and ready for the child’s footprints.
- Paint the bottom of the child’s foot with bright white paint. I think it may also be fun to use Glow-in-the-Dark paint, but we haven’t tried that yet. Let me know if you try it!
- Carefully press the bottom of the child’s foot to the canvas so it leaves a complete footprint. Wipe the excess paint from their foot with a wet washcloth.
- Add any more footprints as desired. If there is more that one child in the family, have each child put one footprint on the canvas to make a row of footprints. Be sure the footprints are all going in the same direction.
- Allow the paint to dry. Use a black Sharpie to draw the Ghost’s eyes and mouth on the “heel” part of the footprint. If desired, use a paint pen to label the footprint with the child’s name. We let the kids who could write their name do their own.
- Cut a piece of Halloween-colored ribbon. It needs to be long enough to be used to help hang your Halloween Ghost Footprint Art once you have used a hot glue gun to attach each end of the ribbon to the top corners of the canvas.
And there you have it. Now each of your Halloween party guests has an awesome gift to take home and display. If you have any questions or comments about how to do this project, please feel free to add them below. I’ll respond as quickly as possible to help you out. Have a Happy Halloween, everyone!
Check out other fun Halloween ideas and more when you follow me on Pinterest!