This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Did you know that heart disease is the number one cause of death for men and women in the United States? Eating a healthy diet is one important way you can help prevent heart disease. Boar’s Head ensures that their products are certified heart-healthy deli meats. This means that their premium quality deli meats meet criteria for fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, low sodium and more.
A heart-healthy diet does not mean you have to sacrifice flavor. There are dozens of flavor varieties of Boar’s Head heart-healthy deli meats to love. My favorites include the Mesquite Wood Smoked Roasted Turkey Breast and All Natural Applewood Smoked Uncured Ham.
It is easy to incorporate Boar’s Head deli meats into delicious main dishes like EverRoast Chicken Quinoa Pilaf. The recipe below is made with EverRoast Oven Roasted Chicken Breast and can help you enjoy a heart-healthy lifestyle.
EverRoast Chicken Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 CUP Yellow onion , finely diced
- 1 CUP Celery , finely diced
- 1 CUP Carrots , finely diced
- 1 CUP Quinoa , dry
- 1 TSP Black pepper
- 2 CUPS Low sodium chicken stock
- ¼ CUP Golden raisins
- ½ LB EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast , diced
- 1 CUP Green onion , finely diced
- In a heavy, medium sized saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add yellow onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add Quinoa and pepper and continue cooking, stirring vigorously, until the grain is coated in the oil and smells toasted (about 1 minute).
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- Turn off heat. Add raisins & EverRoast Chicken, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish and top with green onion.