I had short hair for years and years. Even though I loved how easy it was for me to style short hair, I really missed a lot of things about long hair. Like ponytails, buns and braids. One day, I decided it was time to start growing out my hair. I knew it was going to take years to get it to where I wanted it to be, but that was okay. I had to start somewhere.
Growing my hair out turned out to be harder than I thought. I learned that hair has to be healthy or it will never grow out. My hair was constantly breaking off. And to make matters worse, every time I had a baby, my hair would start falling out. (The good news is that hair loss after a pregnancy is normal due to hormonal changes.)
Three years ago, my hair was still nowhere near where I wanted it to be. I got my split ends trimmed regularly, and it seemed like every time my hair would grow, I would cut most of the new growth off. I was about to give up and chop it all off again. But I really didn’t want to do that! So, I did some research on how to take care of my hair and made some major changes to my hair care habits. These things have really worked out for me over time, so I feel good about recommending these tips to you.
These hair care tips are easy to follow. In fact, most of these tips are actually asking you to stop doing things to your hair that can do more harm than good. You may even end up saving time doing your hair every day while it becomes healthy again. Let me know what you think about these ways to get gorgeous hair:
1. Don’t wash your hair every day. Shampoos can strip hair of beneficial oils and nutrients. Try to go 2-3 days between shampoos unless you have super oily hair that needs to be washed every day.
2. Invest in a great shampoo and conditioner. The hair care products you use can make or break (literally) your hair. Look for products with the least harmful chemicals. Use hydrating shampoos and conditioners to help mend hair while keeping it clean.
3. Let hair air dry whenever possible. Blow drying uses heat, which can damage your hair and lead to breakage and split ends.
4. Don’t comb wet hair. That’s not really realistic for most people, including myself most days. So, I try to let my hair air dry for at least 5-10 minutes before combing through it.
5. Use a detangler or conditioning serum/cream on wet hair before you brush it. Combing wet hair tends to stretch the delicate hair strands, causing wear and tear, and split ends. A detangler or or conditioner can help protect your hair and reduce the amount of pulling and stretching your comb has to do to get through tangles.
6. Use a Wet Brush on wet hair. A Wet Brush is specially designed to detangle and brush wet hair without pulling. A wide-tooth comb is another good option.
7. Stop heat styling every day. Heating tools like curling irons and straightening irons can cause major hair damage and breakage. Try hair styles that don’t require heat styling tools like ponytail, bun or braid. The less heat styling you can do on your hair, the better.
8. Take hair growth vitamins for women. My favorite is Viviscal® Extra Strength. It’s a 100% drug-free, clinically proven hair growth supplement that is scientifically formulated to promote hair growth in women. Viviscal is backed by 25 years of scientific research. You’ll see results in as little as 3 months. I did!
I used to wonder if hair growth supplements really worked. About 2 years ago, I started taking Viviscal hair supplements. After about 8 weeks, I noticed that my hair looked healthier. At 3 months, I noticed my hair was not breaking off as much as it used to and seemed to be growing faster. Even my hair stylist noticed the changes. She has been helping me grow out my hair for more than two years now. We can both tell that my hair is stronger and longer because of Viviscal. I love it!
Viviscal supplements supply nutrients to the hair follicle, promoting existing hair growth. Viviscal Extra Strength nourishes thinning hair with the exclusive marine complex AminoMar® plus a blend of nutrients including Biotin, Vitamin C, Zinc, Iron and Millet Seed Extract.
Celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Lauren Conrad and Miley Cyrus use and recommend Viviscal. I’m one of the happy 96% of Viviscal customers who would recommend Viviscal hair growth pills to a friend. In fact, I do recommend them to all my friends and anyone else who wants to grow their hair or get healthy hair. Take Viviscal twice daily for at least three months and you will see the difference. There’s a reason it’s the #1 bestselling hair supplement in the USA – because it really works.
How long do you spend styling your hair every day? Are you currently taking hair growth vitamins? What’s your biggest hair frustration?