The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. #BBYConnectedHome
I used to wish I had a home security system to alert me to pesky door-to-door salesmen peddling home security systems that charged never-ending monthly fees for their services. I got my wish – and then some with the NETGEAR Arlo Smart Home Indoor/Outdoor Wireless High-Definition Security Cameras. This awesome home security system is a one time investment and lets me, the home owner, be in control. The 4-camera set is exclusively available at Best Buy – a great value at $499.99.
Prior to the Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System, we relied on our dog to alert us to intruders. Although he has a ferocious bark, he is unable to record video footage and he does not offer an app to let us check in on our home’s security status anytime, from anywhere. No offense to my dog, but I am happy that we can now rely on Arlo’s security camera system and downloadable app for our home security needs.
Things we really love about using the NETGEAR Arlo Security Camera System:
- The Do-It-Yourself Installation was EASY and FAST. It took less than an hour for us to put cameras into place and get them up and running.
- The cameras are sturdy. They have a slick and stylish appearance, and are hardly noticeable.
- A wireless camera system is the only way to go at home – no wired cameras for us! The NETGEAR Arlo system gives us a great range on the wireless connection.
- The magnets that hold the Arlo camera to the mount are very strong.
- Security Cameras can easily be relocated to a different location whenever we want.
- The cameras do not constantly use battery life. They are only on when you are viewing or recording.
- We can customize Arlo camera settings to make them motion-activated only at certain times. For example, when we go out of town.
- The Night Vision feature is really cool. The cameras transmit high quality images, even in low light.
- We love the Arlo app that lets us see what’s going on at home via the cameras day and night.
We used a NETGEAR Nighthawk router to support the Arlo Smart Home Security Cameras. This new router is exclusive to Best Buy, designed to eliminate Wi-Fi dead spots, improve Wi-Fi reception and support more than ten devices. I would recommend getting a high performance router like this one because it also includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year. The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.
Download the Arlo app and you can view live video from your compatible Android, Apple iOS, Amazon Kindle, Windows or Mac device. Take a look at a couple screenshots from my device, showing different security camera views both inside and outside my home. The color images are taken in daylight; black and white images are taken using the Night Vision feature on the cameras.
How secure is your home? Could the NETGEAR Arlo Smart Home Security Camera system help you keep tab on things while you’re away from home? Visit Best Buy in stores and online to learn more.