March has brought warmer temperatures to our neck of the woods. It has even been warm enough for us to start wearing shorts and short sleeves! I love this time of year. It’s so much easier to get my boys dressed in the spring and summer. There’s a lot less layers to put on, for one thing!
A new season means it is time for new clothes. I like to buy quality kids clothing at budget-friendly prices, preferably when there’s a sale going on. We recently headed out to Carter’s spring sale and stocked up on a lot of play clothes for the boys. I pick out my sons’ clothing with these tips for how to dress little boys in mind:
- Keep little boys cool with lightweight fabrics. Cotton and active fabrics are especially good to wear when spring and summer temperatures start to rise. Moisture-wicking fabric can also help kids feel more comfortable.
- Extend your little boy’s wardrobe with Mix and Match pieces. For example, buy solid color polos to wear with patterned shorts. Casual tees can go with practically any color shorts. I like to be able to make several outfits using the same few pieces in different ways.
- Dress little boys in bright colors. I know I’m not the only mom who strategically dresses my little boy in colors that stand out in a crowd. It helps me spot my son when he is out on the playground. And if we go on vacation to a theme park? I can guarantee my little boy will be wearing the most brightly-colored clothes I can find. (We especially love the bright green and orange outfits we got at Carter’s!)
- Summer footwear is a must. Although it’s tempting to go barefoot in the summer, little boys are always running, climbing, and playing. They need to wear foot protection. There are many lightweight shoe options for summertime. Look for water-friendly shoes that can be worn to the pool or beach, or even in the backyard sprinklers.
- Swimsuits. Swimwear is a spring/summer wardrobe essential. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to areas that are not covered. I love the cute designs on swimsuits with coordinating UPF 50+ hats and accessories found at Carter’s swim shop.
Shop and save big on a last minute Easter outfits for boys and girls and spring essentials like t-shirts, shorts, tunics, leggings, tops, polos dresses, skirts & swimwear.
I took the boys with me to the Carter’s store and let them point out their favorite items. We came home with several of the Athletic Tees and Shorts, along with Carter’s Polos and Shorts. The new Polos come in cheerful spring colors that look so cute on the kids. I was really happy with the deal I got on the boys’ new play clothes. Plus, I love that Carter’s is always high quality clothes that last a long time.