New Year’s Eve Ideas
Now is the perfect time to recycle your holiday “garbage” and create New Years Poppers to use at your New Year’s Eve party! I found several similar tutorials for these and decided to try making them today with my kids. We found out that these poppers are super easy to make, and you probably have everything you need to make them right in your recycle bin (or garbage can).
Kids will love to help you make them – so round everyone up for some kids crafts time while you wait for the midnight countdown on New Year’s Eve. Then hand them out for some poppin’ good fun as you ring in the New Year!
- Used Holiday paper/Gift Wrap
- Cardboard Tubes (toilet paper, paper towels, or wrapping paper tube cut into 4 inch lengths)
- Used ribbon or string (you could get all fancy with curly ribbon if you have some of that on hand)
- Small candy
- Crinkle paper filler (like the kind used to cushion all those holiday packages you’ve been getting in the mail)
- Cut 4 inch cardboard tube in half (to make it easier to “pop”) and fill with crinkle paper and small candies.
- Put the 2 pieces of cardboard tube back together and wrap in gift paper, taping it shut.
- Twist each end of the cardboard tube and tie with ribbon.
That’s it! Your New Year’s popper is ready to be popped!
Here are some photos of ours New Year’s Eve Crafts in progress:
Are you planning a New Year’s Eve party? Check out some of my other kid-friendly New Year’s ideas like DIY Confetti Balloons and more!