Mom Always Finds Out may have received some of the products mentioned in this blog post as part of the Good Cook blogger program. All opinions expressed are my own.
I love Jalapeno Cheddar bread, and usually bake it on a stone in one big round loaf. But then I got this Nonstick Mini Loaf Bread Pan from Sweet Creations by Good Cook…and now every time I bake bread, it’s been in mini loaves! I have never had a bread pan like this before and I love how I can bake 4 mini loaves at the same time. They always come out evenly baked. I used the Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese bread recipe below to make these loaves.
Mini loaves are perfect to give as gifts, so I hope the neighbors are ready to add a little spice to their holiday season with this Jalapeno Cheddar bread. I used Sweet Creations White Snowflake parchment paper and a ribbon to wrap each loaf. The printed parchment paper is the perfect size to wrap a mini loaf. I also have plans to use it to wrap cookies and other holiday goodies to give out.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread Recipe
Makes 4 (1 cup) Mini Loaves
- 4 cups flour
- 1.5 cups cubed (small) Cheddar Cheese *more if desired
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeno peppers (canned) *more if desired
- 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1.5 packs of active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 4 cups of flour, sugar (divided: put in 1/4 cup minus 1 Tablespoon) and the salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the water, yeast and remaining 1 Tablespoon sugar. Let sit about 10 minutes; stir until all yeast is dissolved.
- Add vegetable oil oil to the yeast mixture. Add half of the yeast mixture to the flour mixture. Mix with hands to moisten flour as much as possible. Add remaining yeast mixture to dough and mix until flour is thoroughly incorporated. Tip: If your dough is dry (my dough needed more moisture), add a little juice from the canned Jalapenos 1 Tablespoon at a time until dough is moist.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand until smooth and elastic to the touch, about 15 minutes, gradually adding only enough additional flour to keep dough from sticking if necessary.
- Place in a large greased bowl, cover with a dry towel and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down dough. Add cheddar cheese squares and jalapenos to the dough until evenly mixed.
- To Make Bread: Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Form each into a ball, then stretch out dough with both hands and tuck edges under to form a smooth surface. Pop any large air bubbles by pinching them. Form into loaves. If desired, add a couple of cheese squares and jalapenos to the tops of the bread.
- Place in mini loaf pan. Cover with towel again and allow to rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 30 minutes until done (bread will begin to brown on top). Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Let cool about another hour before slicing.
Are you ready to bake your mini loaves? Get 25% off the Sweet Creations by Good Cook Mini Loaf Pan when you use CODE: SWEETLOAF at goodcook.com!
Do you bake bread? Have you ever tried Jalapeno Cheddar bread? What is your favorite type of bread to give and/or receive?