I love to save money on gas. One of the best reasons to shop at Kroger (called Smith’s where we live) is to earn discounts on gas with Kroger Fuel Points.
You earn 1 fuel point for every $1 every time you shop. For every 100 Fuel Points, you earn a 10¢/off per gallon discount at Kroger fuel stations. Fuel Points add up quickly.
When I bank enough fuel points to get a discount of at least 10 cents per gallon, it saves dollars at the pump. My goal is to save at least 50 cents or more per gallon. The last time I filled up at Kroger, I was able to get 60¢/off per gallon thanks to my Fuel Points. I felt like jumping for joy and cheering! (But I didn’t – that would have totally embarrassed my kids who were waiting for me in the car.)
Are you making the most out of your Kroger Fuel Points?
Check out the following tips for earning and using your Kroger Fuel Points.
- Use your Shopper’s Card every time you shop at Kroger. Every dollar equals a fuel point, and fuel points add up fast!
- Buy Gift Cards and earn 2x Fuel Points for every dollar spent.
- Connect your Shopper’s Card to your phone number or alternate ID number so you can earn fuel points even when you don’t have your Shopper’s Card handy to scan. Simply type in your Alt-ID number at the check-out.
- Track your Fuel Points online in your Kroger account and in the Kroger mobile app. Fuel points are also printed at the bottom of your shopping receipt. Be sure to use your fuel points before they expire.
- Check for special Fuel Point offers online or in the mobile app. From time to time, there are special offers to earn additional fuel points on certain purchases. Add those to your Shopper’s card.
- Redeem your fuel points at Kroger Fuel Centers and participating Shell stations. Choose how much of your discount you want to use (10¢/off, 20¢/off, 30¢/off per gallon up to $1/off per gallon.)
- Use your fuel discount wisely. Save more money on gas by using your fuel discount when you need it most. Simply put, use your discount to fill your gas tank all the way up when your gas tank is low instead of using your fuel discount to “top-off” with 1 or 2 gallons. (To save your Fuel Points for a later purchase, don’t insert your Shopper’s card at the pump or simply select the on-screen option at the pump to not use your discount.)
- Remember to use reusable shopping bags. Some Kroger locations let you earn 5 Fuel Points for every reusable shopping bag you use (up to 10 bags) every time you shop.
- Take the Kroger Customer Satisfaction Survey and earn Fuel Points. Look for the Kroger online survey code found at the bottom of your receipt. Take a quick survey and earn 50 additional Fuel Points every week.
It may seem like a lot to remember, but it’s really not. I easily got in the habit of doing these things so I can earn Kroger Fuel Points every time I shop. I love to see the savings add up at the gas pump and I know you will, too!
How do you save on gas at the pump? Do you use Kroger Fuel Points? How much money do you save on gas with fuel points? Brag about it in the comments below!