Thank you to Libman for sponsoring today’s discussion about mopping. All opinions expressed are my own, as is my love for my Libman Mop. This blog post may contain affiliate links.
I have four kids and a dog, which means my floors are in constant need of attention in order to stay clean. It’s literally amazing sometimes how within 5 minutes of mopping, someone manages to spill something sticky on the floor. I need a mop that is easy for me to pull out for a quick floor cleaning session. My Libman Freedom Spray Mop is up to the task.
If you use a Libman Freedom Spray Mop, there are things you can do to make mopping easier. Your floors can stay cleaner longer. Check out my 5 mopping tips to get floors cleaner, faster:
1. Sweep before you mop. This is a very important first step to a clean floor. Sweep up dirt, dust, crumbs and other large particles before you mop. If you don’t sweep, these particles can scratch your flooring’s surface.
2. Kick the bucket. As in, ditch your mopping bucket. You don’t need to slosh a bucket full of dirty mop water around the house anymore. One of my favorite floor cleaning supplies, the Libman Freedom Spray Mop, uses a deep cleaning cloth to get floors clean. No bucket required.
3. Wash your Libman mop cloth in between every use. I purchased several Libman reuseable cleaning cloths so I always have one clean and ready to mop. It’s like having a new mop every time! Plus, if the floor is dirtier than usual, I can change out the cloth as needed.
4. Mop the floors at least once per week. If you do not mop frequently, your job can become more difficult. Try to use the Libman mop at least every week.
5. Don’t overdo it on the floor cleaner. Soaking your floor with cleaning solution can actually do more harm to a floor’s finish than good. Not to mention make your floors slippery. Too much cleaner residue left behind on the floor attracts dust and dirt even faster than usual, which means your floors will not stay clean for long.
The Libman Freedom Mop’s spray trigger handle lets you spray the floor as you mop. I can control how much cleaner goes onto the floor. Not only does the Libman Freedom Mop give me freedom from the mopping bucket, it gives me freedom to choose which floor cleaner to use. You can refill the mop’s cleaning solution bottle with your favorite cleaner. Libman offers a variety of floor cleaners, including concentrated multi-surface floor cleaner and concentrated hardwood floor cleaner.
Click for a printable Libman Coupon.
I like to use my homemade mopping solution with the Libman Mop. It works great and leave my floors shiny and streak-free.
The Libman Mop deep cleaning cloth cleans a good bit of surface area with every pass. The head swivels so I can get hard to reach places. No batteries are required, so the mop is always ready to work. Once I finish mopping, I simply toss the dirty cloth into the washing machine. It’s a lot easier to keep clean than traditional mop heads. Each cloth is machine washable up to 100 times.
WHERE TO BUY: