Display your Halloween candy in a fun way! It’s so easy to turn an ordinary Mason jar into an apothecary jar. These make cute Halloween decorations for party table centerpieces or to simply sit on the shelf. Change up your paint and glitter colors to match your decor for any holiday occasion.
If you know me and my crafting style, you know I like fast, easy, and thrifty ideas. One Mason Jar/Apothecary Jar can be made for under $3 using candlesticks from the dollar store. If you have these materials at home already, it’s even cheaper! You can make these Mason jar crafts as ornate as you wish, but I will show you the simplest way.
Materials Needed (per jar)
- Mason Jar with Lid and Ring (I used wide mouth half pint size and regular mouth pint size jars)
- Drawer Pull (knob) *with a flat base
- Spray Paint (I used black)
- Glitter (I used orange)
- E6000 craft glue
I have pictures of the steps (see below) for reference.
How To Turn a Mason Jar into an Apothecary Jar
- Spray paint candlesticks, drawer pull (knob), Mason jar lids and rings. Quickly (before the paint dries) toss glitter onto them. Allow to dry completely.
- Use E6000 glue to attach the drawer pull (knob) to the center of the Mason jar lid. Allow to dry completely.
- Use E6000 glue to attach the Mason jar on top of the candlestick (center base of the jar on the candlestick for balance). Allow to dry completely.
- Fill jars with candy. Put jar lids and rings on and they are ready for display!
What do you think of this craft? Do you have any suggestions to make it better? Can I help answer any questions about how to make it? Let me know in the comments below.
I hope you will follow me on Pinterest for even more fun ideas.