This blog post is brought to you by Farm Rich. The opinions expressed in the blog post are honest and based on my personal experiences.
The next time you walk past your grocer’s freezer section, look for Farm Rich. I recently discovered their line of frozen snacks and appetizers. My family has enjoyed a ton of different things from Farm Rich’s new Toasted Ravioli to the Marinara Stuffed Mozzarella Sticks to Meatballs. I love that not only do these taste good, they are so easy to prepare. I just take them out of the bag, put them on a baking sheet in the oven, and they are ready to eat in minutes.
Fast snacks like this come in handy after school and when we have friends over. I whipped up a whole variety of Farm Rich appetizers on a recent Big Game day. It was a great way to serve a bunch of different snacks to a crowd. Crispy Dill Pickles, Jalapeno Poppers, Chili Cheese Bites, and Mozzarella Sticks. There was something for everyone.
My kids’ favorite Farm Rich products are the meatballs. I think we have almost tried them all: Turkey Meatballs, Chicken Meatballs, Italian Meatballs…it seems like every time I go to the store there is another kind of meatball! The boys love it when I bake meatballs and serve them with a toothpick in each one. They think I’m a #MomGenius!
Another almost-too-easy meatball dinner I like to make is Meatball Subs. I just cook meatballs in spaghetti sauce on the stovetop for about 25 minutes, then serve on toasted cheese bread.
I used MY personal favorite kind of meatball, the Farm Rich Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken Meatball, to prepare a delicious family dinner: Meatball Lasagna.
Meatball lasagna is a fun twist on a traditional dish. It is simple to prepare when you use Farm Rich frozen meatballs. Try this recipe with your favorite kind of Farm Rich meatballs. Click to download a copy of this Meatball Lasagna Recipe.
Meatball Lasagna Recipe
- 1 bag Farm Rich meatballs
- 8 oz. Lasagna Noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 24 oz. Spaghetti Sauce
- 8 oz. Cottage Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 to 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix one egg with the cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer (a couple of spoonfuls) of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish, and then place one layer of cooked lasagna noodles on top.
- Spread about 8-10 ounces of spaghetti sauce in a thin layer across the lasagna noodles. Then, spread half of the cottage cheese mixture in a small layer on top of that.
- The next layer is cheese. Sprinkle half a cup of Mozzarella and half a cup of Cheddar cheeses across the top of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Next, use half a bag of frozen meatballs to form a layer on top of the cheeses. I simply lined them up in 4-5 rows.
- Cover the meatballs with one layer of cooked spaghetti noodles. Repeat the layering process from Steps 4 through 6 (sauce, cheeses, meatballs, noodles).
- Finally, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining cup of Mozzarella cheese across the top of the lasagna. Return dish to oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Another thing I love about this lasagna is that it makes great leftovers. You can even bake this dish ahead of time and freeze for later. Farm Rich frozen snacks and appetizers make everyday entertaining easy. Pick them up at a grocery store near you. Visit FarmRich.com for special offers, recipes and more.
Which Farm Rich snacks and appetizers are you excited to try? Does your family like lasagna? Try it with Farm Rich meatballs and let me know what you think.