If you have not joined the millions of viewers who have fallen in love with
Jamie Fraser the Outlander TV series, you’ve really got to clear your schedule next Saturday night at 9pm EST/PST. Tune in to STARZ for the latest episode of Outlander. You won’t regret it!
Even better, invite your friends over for an Outlander viewing party. (Just be sure the kiddos are in bed, because there may be scenes that are for mature viewing audiences only.) Fans of Diana Gabaldon’s bestselling Outlander book series on which the TV series is based won’t have to be asked twice to attend. Anyone who isn’t familiar with the story of Claire, an English nurse from 1945 who suddenly finds herself living in 1743 Scotland, can be easily convinced to watch the show simply by sharing a photo or two of Outlander star Sam Heughan (Jamie Fraser). He knows how to look hot in a kilt!
Tips for Hosting an Outlander Viewing Party
- The Decor. Pick up some plaid. Toss a length of plaid on the table as a runner or tablecloth as a fast way to blast to the past. (as in 1743 Scotland)
- The Dress Code. Pull out your wool blankets, tartans and kilts for an authentic 18th century costume party.
- Outlander Food. Try one of the thousands of recipes you can find online for Bannocks, a traditional Scottish flat bread made from oat flour and cooked on a griddle. Serve with cheese, jam and apple slices.
- Outlander Drink. Lots of whisky and lots of wine is consumed throughout the pages of Outlander books, and the TV series is sticking true to the books on this point so far.
- The Music. Until an Outlander Season One soundtrack is released (and it is sure to be amazing, the music on the TV series has been excellent so far), we’ll have to make do with our own personal mix of Scottish folk songs, so rustle up your favorite tunes that feature the bagpipes.
#Outlander Scotland Sweepstakes on Facebook
Time Warner Cable presents the Outlander Series Sweepstakes. Click to Enter to win on Facebook now through August 30.
Who is eligible? Time Warner Cable customers ages 18 and up.
- Airfare for two to Scotland
- Country Roads of Scotland Tour (6 days, 7 nights including hotel)
- Private Outlander Tour
- $1000 Spending Money
- 1 Year Starz Subscription
Like Outlander TV Series on Facebook
Have you watched Outlander yet? Are you a fan of the books? What would you serve to guests at an Outlander viewing party?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Time Warner Cable. The opinions and text are all mine.