Remember my niece, Brooklyn? She and her little sister love any excuse to wear a costume – especially Halloween! Last year, they were Katniss and Maleficent (you can probably guess which one is which from the photo.) As of yesterday, they were still deciding what to wear this October 31st, but they were tossing around ideas like Pokemon Go characters, witches and Disney princesses.
I can’t wait to see what they decide to be. These girls are so much fun to be around.
Spending time with your daughter is especially important in her growing-up years. As parents and mentors, we have a big role to play in her developing sense of self-worth. What kinds of things can we do? Be there for her. Love her for the unique person she is. Boost her self confidence by encouraging her to be herself.
Halloween can be a great excuse to spend time with our girls! Easy and enjoyable activity ideas include:
- Helping her get dressed up in a costume that expresses her personal style
- Inviting a few friends over to watch a Halloween movie together
- Making Halloween treats. Send a positive message with the “Have a Boo-tiful Halloween!” printable candy bar wrappers craft (see below for directions.)
We can teach our daughters, sisters and friends that beauty goes beyond physical appearance. There are so many inspiring, intelligent and thoughtful women in the world. Find and focus on role models like them. The Dove #SpeakBeautiful project is about building girls’ self confidence through positive social media messages.
More than likely, you’re already familiar with the Dove brand of personal care products like soap, shampoo and conditioner. My favorite Dove product is the Body Wash. It makes my skin feel silky soft, plus has a scent I love. Join me and choose Dove at Sam’s Club to show support of building self esteem in 20 million girls by 2020.
Spread positive vibes and #SpeakBeautiful this Halloween with Have a Boo-tiful Halloween! candy bars. These printable candy bar wrappers are made to fit around a full size (1.55 oz) chocolate bar. There are four different candy wrapper choices – pick and print your favorites below!
What You’ll Need
- Have a Boo-tiful Halloween! printable candy bar wrappers:
Orange Chevron with Spider wrapper
Black and White Halloween Print wrapper
Solid Orange with Ghost wrapper
Solid Black with Ghost wrapper
- Full-size (1.55 oz) Chocolate Bars
- White copy paper or cardstock
1. Download and Print Have a Boo-tiful Halloween! candy bar wrappers (as many as you need – one wrapper per candy bar.)
2. Cut out candy bar wrappers and wrap around the candy bar. Secure the wrapper with tape on the back side of the candy bar.
If you love free printables with a positive message for girls, head over and get the Be-You-tiful print. Put it in a frame or simply tack it up wherever you want.
What are your favorite ways to spend time with your daughter? Which Have a Boo-tiful Halloween! candy bar wrapper is your favorite?