This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Silk for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
How much protein is in a glass of regular almond milk? Absolutely none. Zip. Zero. That’s why Silk® Protein + Fiber Almondmilk is so special – every serving is fortified with 5 grams of protein AND 5 grams of fiber. I drink regular almond milk from time to time, and was excited to try a new Silk® product with added benefits.
The added protein and fiber is a nice boost to my daily diet. Silk® Protein + Fiber is an easy way to ensure I get five grams of each. And it’s not just good for me, it’s good for my family, too.
Did you know that you can use Silk® Protein + Fiber Almondmilk in everyday recipes? Yes, you can sub Silk® for dairy milk in your recipes, cup for cup.
I found out that the Silk® Protein + Fiber Almondmilk is perfect for making creamy chocolate pudding. Once I tasted the pudding, I knew I wanted to try to make homemade pudding pops. So I did! My kids said I was “the best Mom EVER” for making such an yummy treat. My 6-year-old declared Silk® pudding pops, “Totally awesome.” The first batch of Silk® pudding pops is already gone and the kids keep asking when will I make some more.
It’s easy to make Silk® Protein + Fiber Chocolate Almond pudding pops. They are a wonderful snack that will keep you filled up (the added fiber helps you feel fuller longer).
I started with a chocolate pudding recipe I found at Silk.com. Then, I filled my popsicle molds with the pudding and put them in the freezer for about 4 hours.
Silk Almondmilk Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups Silk® Protein + Fiber Almondmilk (Vanilla)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, salt and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix well.
- Slowly add the Silk®, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat while whisking constantly.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, until pudding begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla.
- Pour into 1 large bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour until thoroughly chilled.