(Makes one pumpkin roll- approximately 12-15 servings)
- 3 eggs
- Cooked pumpkin
- Self-rising flour
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Lemon juice
- Pecans (chopped)
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream Cheese
1. Whip 3 eggs with mixer until fluffy.
2. Add the following:
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
3. Mix all of the above.
4. Grease and flour a cookie sheet (I line mine with foil first so it will be easier to flip out when it’s done). Spread mix on the cookie sheet and put a layer of 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
5. Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and while it is warm, Flip it off the cookie sheet onto wax paper (or something that it will not stick to).
6. Roll up the cake/wax paper. Allow cake to cool completely. Unroll cake/wax paper.
7. Make Cream Cheese Filling by mixing the following:
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 4 tsp butter (softened)
8. Spread Filling onto unrolled cake top. Reroll cake (without the wax paper!).
9. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
10. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Although the pumpkin roll pictured above is taken from Taste of Home, it looks exactly like what you should get out of this recipe/directions.)