There’s got to be a direct connection between the autumn leaves turning colors and my sudden inexplicable cravings for pumpkin pie! Fall flavors are the best, aren’t they? It seems like I just can’t get enough of the warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
A delicious snack that covers all the best Fall flavors is a Pumpkin Parfait. This no bake recipe can be made in minutes with canned pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, Greek yogurt and a handful of gingersnap cookies. Gingersnaps are another one of my favorite things to eat this time of year. I love these cookies, but if you don’t, you can substitute graham crackers in the recipe.
Pumpkin & Yoplait Parfait (Serves 2)
- Yoplait Greek 100 Vanilla yogurt (1 container)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (*you can substitute graham cracker crumbs)
1. Crush several gingersnaps into crumbs (you’ll need 1/2 cup crumbs) and set aside. *Tip: Use a food processor or blender to chop the cookies into fine crumbs.
2. In a small bowl, stir the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup together until mixed well.
3. Make a pumpkin parfait by layering the prepared ingredients like this: gingersnap cookie crumbs, pumpkin, yogurt. You can repeat the layers if desired. Top with a sprinkling of crumbs and garnish with a whole gingersnap cookie. Serve immediately.
As you can probably tell, my family enjoys eating yogurt in all sorts of different ways. I send frozen Yoplait GoGurts with my kids to school so their yogurt is thawed and ready to eat by lunchtime.
[bctt tweet=”Delicious Fall Snack Idea: Pumpkin, Yogurt, and Gingersnap Parfait #Recipe ” username=”momfindsout”]
Do you have any favorite Fall flavors like pumpkin, apple, or??? What is your favorite way to snack with yogurt?