This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
There are many reasons to love avocados. For starters, they are one of the most versatile foods you’ll ever eat. Soups, sandwiches, salads, and chip dips taste better when you add avocado. Taste isn’t the only good thing about avocados, though. The number of vital nutrients found in a single avocado are amazing!
Here are just a few other reasons I love avocados:
- If you were stranded on a desert island, you’d want to take a big bag of avocados to eat because they are packed with nutritious vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- It is a universally accepted food! Vegans, Carnivores, Vegetarians, Fruitarians…no matter your dietary preference, everyone can enjoy a delicious avocado.
- An avocado is instant baby food that comes in an eco-friendly package, courtesy of Mother Nature.
- It’s fun to stump friends with a simple question: Is an avocado a fruit or vegetable? (Answer: It’s a fruit!)
- Beauty gurus know that a simple avocado face mask can work wonders for dry skin!
- Without avocados, there’d be no guacamole!
- Avocado Ice Cream
Oh yes, there is such a thing as avocado ice cream. It is easy to make at home in your ice cream maker. The simple recipe found below (taken from The Food Network chef Alton Brown) requires only five ingredients.
Avocado Ice Cream
- 12 ounces avocado meat, approximately 3 small to medium
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
Peel and pit the avocados. Add the avocados, lemon juice, milk, and sugar to a blender and puree. Transfer the mixture to a medium mixing bowl, add the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Place the mixture into the refrigerator and chill until it reaches 40 degrees F or below, approximately 4 to 6 hours.
Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. However, this mixture sets up very fast, so count on it taking only 5 to 10 minutes to process. For soft ice cream, serve immediately. If desired, place in freezer for 3 to 4 hours for firmer texture. Yield: 1 Quart.
Learn more about avocados and find delicious avocado recipes online at Avocados from Mexico.
Do you love avocados? Connect with like-minded people at I love avocados on Facebook. You can also download ringtones, blog badges, wallpaper/screensavers and send a virtual gift to a friend. I downloaded the blog badge seen at the end of this blog post. It was easy to just click on the item I wanted and embed the code into my blog post.
Do you really, really love avocados? Follow @guacgrl on Twitter and Tweet your love for avocados using Twitter hashtag #iloveavocados.