I pretty much automatically love any quick dinner recipes to feed my family during the week. Lasagna is one of our favorite meals, but I would have never considered it to be a “fast and easy” meal. My usual homemade lasagna recipe has to bake for at least an hour. I love it, but it’s just not something I can whip out on a busy weeknight.
So…I was shocked when I made this Skillet Lasagna Recipe that tastes so much like my regular lasagna, but is ready to serve in 30 minutes from start to finish. My children eat it with no complaints, so I would definitely say this is a kid-friendly meal. If you have never tried cottage cheese in your lasagna, go for it – it’s really good!
Another great thing about making lasagna in a skillet is that I don’t have to heat up the kitchen with the oven. That is a definite plus for me, especially during the hot summer months. Using no-cook lasagna noodles means you completely skip the “boil the noodles” step, saving time and dirtying up less pans.
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 9 No-Cook Lasagna Noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced Tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 24 ounce jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cream of Onion soup (I used Campbell’s)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet on Medium heat. Stir in diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, lower heat to Medium Low and heat through. Transfer the meat sauce to a large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine onion soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
3. Add 1 cup meat sauce back to the skillet and spread evenly across the skillet. Spread one cup of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add another layer of 1 cup of meat sauce and 4 lasagna noodles. *Note: I broke each of my lasagna noodles into 3-4 pieces so they would easily fit in the skillet. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce and shredded cheeses.
4. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat to Low. Cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve.