I have a sneak peek of one of the dessert recipes you’ll find in the new Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes cookbook that will be released later this month. Each of the 1485+ recipes included in the book is one of the most-requested, beloved dishes from Taste of Home, the World’s #1 Food and Entertaining Magazine. You can rest assured that your Banana Colada Sundaes will taste delicious!
(Pre-order price guarantee $23.09; Regular List price: $34.99) on Amazon.
Banana Colada Sundaes Recipe
By Taste of Home
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup ice cream with 1/4 cup banana mixture and 1 tablespoon coconut equals 398 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Mom Always Finds Out received a copy of Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes for review purposes. This blog post may contain affiliate links. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.