This recipe originally appeared on Mom Always Finds Out last October. It was the perfect way for me to use up all of my kids’ miniature Snickers they got trick-or-treating. Today is National Cheesecake Day, so I couldn’t resist bringing this deliciousness out of the blog archives!
Are you a fan of Snickers candy bars? This cheesecake recipe is for you! My new favorite way to enjoy fun size Snickers bars is in a Snickers Cheesecake bar. Don’t worry if you don’t have a springform cheesecake pan – I made these in a plain ole baking dish and they turned out great. Just be sure to pre-line the baking dish with aluminum foil so you can easily lift out the Cheesecake Bars when they are done.
Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
- 20 Oreos
- 5 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 10 Fun Size Snickers, chopped
- 2 packages Cream Cheese (16 oz. total), softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Caramel Sauce (I used premade bottled Caramel Sauce)
- 3-5 Fun Size Snickers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with aluminum foil. Use enough so that there is an “overhang” for you to be able to hold on to and lift out the foil from the dish.
- Crust: Use a food processor to crush 20 Oreos into crumbs. Mix butter into Oreo crumbs. Use a spoon to press Oreos into a layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cheesecake: While the crust is cooling, prepare the cheesecake mixture by beating cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together with a mixer for about 3 minutes until creamy. Fold in the chopped Snickers. Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the Oreo crust.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and the edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Lift the foil from the pan and use a pizza cutter to cut into squares. (You can use a knife but a pizza cutter makes it easy.)
- Right before serving: Drizzle cheesecake bars with caramel sauce and sprinkle the tops with chopped Snickers.
Tip: You can make these bars days ahead and freeze. Thaw in refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
If you love cheesecake, you should check out my recipe for Chocolate Covered Cheesecake on a Stick!
What is your favorite kind of cheesecake? Will you be eating cheesecake today in honor of National Cheesecake Day?