The Sugar Cookie Chex Mix is a must-try sweet Chex Mix recipe. I really like sweet Chex mixes (Muddy Buddies!), so I was excited to try this recipe. Plus, I love any excuse to use colorful sprinkles. Needless to say, this did not last long at my house. The kids and I loved it. I will definitely be making it again.
Thank you to Chex for providing me with the Sugar Cookie Chex Mix recipe and the ingredients to make it.
Sugar Cookie Chex Mix is a fast and easy party snack idea, too. It took me less than 5 minutes to whip up this batch in the microwave! It’s made with colorful sprinkles, and sprinkles make me think of birthday parties. If you are serving this at a holiday party, it would be easy to use different-colored sprinkles like pastels for Easter, red and green for Christmas, etc.
SUGAR COOKIE CHEX MIX RECIPE
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla milk chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons colored sugar sprinkles
1. Measure cereal in large microwaveable bowl. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
4. Spread cereal on waxed paper or foil. Microwave white chocolate on High 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth; drizzle over top of cereal; sprinkle with colored candies.
TIP: For an easy and even way to apply the powdered sugar, pour sugar into a large freezer zip-type bag. After removing the cooked snack mix from the microwave, let stand in bowl 1 to 2 minutes to cool, then pour into bag and shake!
What is your favorite Chex Mix recipe? Are you a bigger fan of salty Chex mixes or the sweet Chex mix recipes? Let me know what you think in the comments.