Homemade truffles were a first for me – but they definitely won’t be my last. I am always up for trying the lower calorie version of desserts – and I’m so glad I tried these skinny truffles made with Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. I don’t miss the extra fat and calories, and I love getting a dose of good-for-you probiotics from the yogurt.
You don’t need fancy candy-making equipment to make these truffles. It’s easy to use your microwave to melt the chocolate chips!
Once you see just how simple it is to make these truffles in the microwave, you won’t mind making them again and again. Promise. Take it from me, I have already made 5 batches. Someone (ahem) keeps eating them.
Milk Chocolate truffles coated with just Almonds, just Coconut and Almonds & Coconut
HOW TO MAKE GREEK YOGURT CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
makes 6 truffles
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Coating options include: Coconut Flakes, Chopped Almonds, Cocoa Powder, Sprinkles – or anything else you want to try!
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips. How I do it: Microwave the chips for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the chips are completely melted and smooth. Be careful not to overcook (chocolate will scorch).
2. Once the chocolate is melted, stir in a tablespoon of Almond Butter. Next, stir in the Greek Yogurt.
3. Place the chocolate mixture into the refrigerator and chill for at least 15 minutes. It will be easier to shape into balls once it has cooled and firmed up a bit.
4. When your chocolate is ready to shape into truffles, take 1/6 of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Note: The chocolate will not be completely hardened – it should have a soft, creamy texture that holds its shape.
5. Roll each ball-shaped truffle in the coating of your choice until covered with a thin layer. I used Coconut Flakes, Chopped Almonds, Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Sprinkles.
6. Refrigerate truffles until you are ready to eat them. Store truffles in the refrigerator.
*Tip: Substitute milk chocolate chips with white or dark chocolate chips to make a variety of truffles.
Homemade Truffles made with Greek Yogurt, White Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.
What is your favorite skinny dessert? Do you like truffles? Do you like Greek Yogurt? Let me know what you think about this Greek Yogurt chocolate truffle recipe.