This post brought to you by Truvia® Natural Sweetener . All opinions are 100% mine.
I recently learned that more than 40% of Bolivian families struggle to meet their children’s most basic food needs. Nearly two-thirds of the country’s population lives in poverty. It’s heartbreaking to think that most of Bolivia’s children do not receive even the minimum amount of daily calories they need and suffer from nutritional deficiencies.
Many families cook with primitive woodstoves that create harmful smoke, which leads to further health issues for family members. Realizing these hardships, the Truvia® brand has teamed up with the World Food Program USA to provide Bolivian kids and families with a sweeter future.
Thanks to the Truvia’s “Sharing a Sweet Future” charitable initiative, more than 34,705 Bolivian school children have already received more nutritionally balanced school meals. Bolivian locals have received 68 fuel-efficient stoves, allowing another 3,574 students to eat cooked meals in a safer environment. That’ is really awesome work, Truvia®!
How Everyone Can Get Involved:
The Truvia® “Sharing a Sweet Future” Contest
The Truvia® team created a video about the hardships facing Bolivian families. Just $1 feeds 4 kids! Now, consumers like you and me can show our support for their program when we Watch and Share the Truvia® brand’s video on Facebook to support their Sharing a Sweet Future initiative. $1 feeds 4 kids.
Head on over today and Share the Truvia® brand’s video to support their Sharing a Sweet Future initiative. $1 feeds 4 kids.
Check out Truvia’s Sharing a Sweet Future Facebook App
Visit Truvia and Learn even more about the Truvia® brand’s initiative here
Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Truvia® Natural Sweetener
Enjoy pumpkin pie with 90% less sugar and 30% fewer calories than the full sugar version!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Truvia®.
- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup + 11⁄2 tsp Truvía® natural sweetener spoonable*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 11⁄2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1⁄4 tsp Diamond Crystal® kosher salt
- Light whipped topping (optional)
- Roll out pastry on floured surface 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan.
- Ease pastry into pan; flute and trim edge.
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk and eggs on medium speed until well blended; add additional ingredients; mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pastry shell.
- Bake at 400° F for 35–40 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Top with whipped topping, if desired.