Want to try one of my family’s favorite dinner recipes? Everyone will love Velveeta Chicken Rotel Spaghetti recipe. Besides being delicious, Chicken Spaghetti made with Velveeta is awesome because 1) It freezes well and 2) Leftovers are yummy!
Feeding a crowd? It’s easy to double the ingredients and make two batches. I like to make casserole dishes of Rotel Chicken Spaghetti at a time. I make one for my family to eat now and one to freeze for later. The recipe directions below tells you how to make some for now AND freeze some for later.
Velveeta Chicken Rotel Spaghetti
Rotel Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Diced Green Chiles (undrained)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Small White Onion (diced)
- Velveeta Cheese Loaf (16 oz.) – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (1 lb) package Thin Spaghetti Noodles
1. Cook chicken in 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter until almost done. Add bell pepper and onion to the chicken and saute until chicken is cooked and vegetables are soft.
2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
3. Combine chicken, pepper and onions with the cooked spaghetti noodles while they are still hot. Add cubes of Velveeta cheese to the mix and stir until everything is combined and the Velveeta cheese is completely melted. Tip: Mix ingredients in a large saucepan on low heat to help cheese melt quickly.
*If you are making a batch to freeze, spread chicken noodle mixture in a freezer safe baking dish. Cover and freeze until ready to eat. When you are ready to eat, remove from the freezer and thaw overnight in refrigerator. Then following Baking Directions below.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread chicken noodle mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly (about 30 minutes). Serve.
Have you tried Rotel Chicken Spaghetti Recipe with Velveeta? Let me know what your family thinks about this recipe. Hope you enjoy!