Thank you to Oriental Trading for providing supplies used for this wood slices craft idea. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
Have you ever ordered something online and had it turn out to be not quite what you expected in person? I did that recently with wood slices. It was totally my fault for not reading the product description. I thought these Small Unfinished Wood Slices would be perfect to use as coasters.
Turns out, each one is about 1.5 inches. I had to laugh at my mistake in thinking they were about three or four times that size. Then I put my brain to work figuring out something to make out of them.
I am so glad I ordered these mini wood slices by mistake. The wood slice pumpkins I made out of them have become one of my favorite Fall decorations. I nestled a few in my pumpkin eucalyptus centerpiece and scattered some on my table runner. A few of them have even turned into Thanksgiving place cards. I have also used a black Sharpie to write things my family is grateful for on the front of some of the pumpkins.
Once you see how easy DIY wood pumpkin minis are to make, you will want to order a bag of Unfinished Small Wood Slices (50 pieces per bag) on purpose so you can make your own! Each wood slice is slightly different in shape and size, so each pumpkin you make will have a unique look.
Here’s everything you need to make them:
- Unfinished Small Wood Slices (3 are needed per pumpkin)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Thin sticks cut into 3/4 inch length “stem” for each pumpkin (I used sticks from my yard)
Directions (Step-by-Step Photos Below):
1. Add a dab of hot glue to the right side of the Wood Slice Number One. Place the left side (back) of Wood Slice Number Two on top of the hot glue to hold it in place.
2. Add a dab of hot glue to the left side (front) of Wood Slice Number Two. Place the center of of Wood Slice Number Three on top of the hot glue to hold it in place.
3. Flip the wood slices over to the back. Add a dab of hot glue to the center of the wood slice and attach the stick “stem” so that it shows from the front and looks like a pumpkin stem.
Wood Slices Craft Idea: Make Mini Pumpkins
That’s it! Your mini wooden pumpkins are ready to use. It only takes a couple of minutes to make each one. See how I use these mini pumpkins in my DIY Planter Box Fall and Thanksgiving Centerpiece. If you want, you can use a Sharpie marker to write names or words on them.
Are you ready to make Mini Wood Slice Pumpkins? Let me know how you would use this wood slices craft as part of your Fall and Thanksgiving decorations.
Celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with festive party supplies, easy-to-assemble Thanksgiving crafts for kids, a family photo booth complete with stick props, fall accessories and Thanksgiving costumes for the kids! Find plenty of fun ideas at everyday low prices when you shop at Oriental Trading.