This post brought to you by Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
Yoplait and Save Lids to Save Lives are registered trademarks of YOPLAIT MARQUIES (France) used under license.
It’s easy to eat healthy when you love yogurt. Yogurt is a smart food choice no matter what time of day. Breakfast, Lunch, Snack or Dinner. You can incorporate yogurt into all sorts of recipes, like the Yogurt Pizza pictured above. Sam’s Club® is spreading the word about how this amazing super food.
The Sam’s Club Yogurt Shop shares recipes, fun facts and in store promotions. Yogurt offers endless possibilities at meal time. If you are craving a crunch, add some granola or fresh fruit to your yogurt cup. Use yogurt in your smoothies and salad dressings. In fact, did you know that yogurt can be used in recipes as a substitute for oils, butter, mayonnaise, sour cream, or cream cheese? Your recipe will taste great and be a lot better for you.
My family eats a lot of yogurt. It’s a food everyone enjoys. The kids take it to school for snack time because it is easy to pack in their lunchbox.
I found a delicious breakfast recipe online at the Sam’s Club Yogurt Shop. Take at look at these Strawberry Yogurt Shortcakes! Warm shortcakes are topped with fresh strawberries and yogurt. Mmmmmm….
And here’s the Strawberry Yogurt Shortcakes recipe:
- 2 1/3 cup(s) Original Bisquick® mix
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 containers (6 oz. ea.) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free strawberry yogurt (2 cups)
- 1 qt. (4 cups) strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 450°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar, butter and 1/2 cup of the yogurt until soft dough forms. Turn dough onto surface lightly dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape dough into ball; knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut with floured 3-inch cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Split shortcakes. Spoon strawberries and remaining yogurt between halves of shortcakes and over tops.
One way I like to make a healthier version of one of my favorite desserts – brownies – is to substitute yogurt for the oil. The brownies bake up nice and moist, and taste delicious even without the added fat from oil.
You can learn more about the health benefits of yogurt, plus get great recipes and ideas from the Sam’s Club® Yogurt Shop.
Yogurt Shop Pizza
Have you ever substituted yogurt for another ingredient in a recipe? What is your favorite time of day to enjoy yogurt? Head over and check out the Sam’s Club® Yogurt Shop. Let me know which recipe is YOUR favorite.