I’m sharing Luvsome in my life as part of a Luvsome sponsored series for Socialstars™. All opinions expressed are my own.
A couple of weeks ago, my son came up to me and shared a mind-blowing fact from a news article: American pet owners were expected to spend more than $700 million on Valentine’s Day gifts for their pets. It is impressive how much we love our pets. They really are members of the family.
Our dog, Bear, gets special gifts from time to time. My kids love to shop for new balls, chew toys and treats for him. But, as any dog owner probably already knows, the one thing dogs love the most is totally FREE of charge: spending time with their people.
Some days are busier than others, but we try to spend at least a little bit of quality time with Bear every day. In the summer, he loves to go play at the park. I can’t wait for the snow to melt so we can start going to the park together again. I’m sure Bear is looking forward to it, too.
7 easy ways to spend more time with your dog:
- Take your dog for a walk
- Give your dog a good belly rub
- Go for a joy ride in the car
- Check out the local dog park
- Play a game (like Fetch, Frisbee or any game your dog likes)
- Visit the pet shop together
- Give your pup a treat
Bear loves to eat yummy dog treats. Every now and then, I bake homemade dog treats for Bear. We have tried a lot of different dog treat recipes, but by far the easiest recipe is the one I am sharing with you today.
It’s easy to make Homemade Dog Treats made with just one ingredient — dry dog food. It also takes water, but I don’t count that as an ingredient.
Making dog treats out of dog food can be a good thing for dogs who are picky eaters. If they like the taste of their dog food, they should like the treats made from it. We used Luvsome Natural dog food for these treats.
Luvsome is a quality brand for an affordable price. High quality ingredients provide protein and vitamins in every meal. This dog food is also convenient for me to buy at my local grocery store. I can buy food for my entire family – including my dog – at the same time in the same store.
How To Make One Ingredient Dog Treats
- Step 1: Measure 2 cups of dog food into a blender or food processor. Pulse until dog food is ground into a powder (about 20 seconds.)
- Step 2: Pour the dog food powder into a mixing bowl and add 1.5 cups of water. Stir together so that a dough forms.
- Step 3: Use a tablespoon to drop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Gently press down to form a cookie shape. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Allow dog treats to cool completely before giving to your dog.
This recipe makes about 18 dog cookie treats. Store uneaten treats in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To learn more about the Luvsome brand, read Luvsome dog food reviews and compare dog food brands, visit the Luvsome website.
WHERE TO BUY:
Buy Luvsome dog food at the Kroger family of grocery stores, including: Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Kroger, Owen’s, Pay Less, Ralph’s, Smith’s.
Has your dog tried #Luvsome dog food?
Check out our DIY Personalized Dog Food Container. It’s a budget-friendly pet food storage solution we love!