I received a copy of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book in exchange for my honest review. This blog post contains my Amazon affiliate links. I may earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) for purchases made through affiliate links.
The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book by Aileen Clark is the first Instant Pot cookbook I have ever had. Why I never got a recipe book dedicated to Instant Pot recipes sooner, I don’t know. It’s so convenient to have all these tried and true recipes at my fingertips.
This Instant Pot cookbook is loaded with 175 easy, family favorite meals you can make for under $12! The budget-friendly recipes are healthy and filling. The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book can definitely help save money on the family’s grocery bill.
Each recipe includes a cost calculation based on national food retailer’s prices. Planning meals ahead of time using the affordable meals recipes is a great way to stick to a grocery budget.
One of my favorite things about the recipes in The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book is that there’s no weird ingredients or unfamiliar spices. It’s all real food ingredients I can easily find at the grocery store.
Another thing I really like about the cookbook is how is organized. It’s quick and easy to scan the book and find recipes. There are quick and delicious recipes for every meal of the day, including Dessert!
Just to give an idea, I listed below some of the delicious-sounding Instant Pot recipes from The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book I am really looking forward to making for my family:
- Denver Omelet Egg Muffins (page 25)
- Cold Start Yogurt (page 32)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (page 55)
- Cajun Dirty Rice (page 63)
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (page 83)
- Alfredo Sauce (page 96)
- Broccoli and Garlic (page 110)
- Hawaiian Chicken (page 122)
- Taco Casserole (page 152)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake (page 213)
Honestly, there’s too many to continue to list. As I flip through The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book, I realize I am excited to try almost every recipe in it! This should keep me and my Instant Pot busy for the foreseeable future.
If you are new to using your Instant Pot, there’s no need to worry. The recipe book includes an easy-to-understand guide to how to use the Instant Pot.
Colorful photos of many of the plated recipes are included throughout the book. I always find it helpful to know what the finished product is supposed to look like!
The first recipe I made from The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book is Sweet Potato Risotto. It’s perfect for a warm, comforting dinner on a cold night.
I am excited to be able to share the recipe for Instant Pot Sweet Potato Risotto. Excerpted from The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Affordable Meals Recipe Book by Aileen Clark. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 Medium Shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, cut into small chunks
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1.5 Cups Arborio Rice
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Press Saute button on Instant Pot. Add oil and 2 Tablespoons butter. Add shallot and sweet potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and rice and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in broth and deglaze bottom of pot. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Close lid and set pressure release to Sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cook button and adjust time to 7 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick release pressure and then unlock lid and remove it.
- Mix in remaining 2 Tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Many risotto recipes call for cooking the rice in one part dry white wine. If you prefer the flavor of wine in your risotto, simply swap out 1 cup broth for 1 cup dry white wine and follow all steps as written in the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4-6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Great recipe books like this one are sure to encourage you to use your Instant Pot every day. Let me know what Instant Pot recipes you are excited to make.
Enter to win a copy of The “I Love My Instant Pot” Affordable Meals Recipe Book! Please use the Rafflecopter entry form below to enter for a chance to win. This giveaway is open to USA residents ages 18 and older; ends on December 2.