I got seriously addicted to white chocolate drizzled peppermint popcorn over the Christmas holidays. It was one of the best homemade neighbor gifts EVER. I don’t even feel guilty about not sharing the bag with the rest of my family. I sneaked a handful here and there until it was gone. There was a moment of panic when I realized I had no idea how to make more. Luckily, my friend was willing to share their chocolate popcorn recipe with me.
Now that Valentine’s Day is coming up, I decided to put a pink twist on this homemade gourmet popcorn recipe. It calls for white almond bark, which is easily tinted pink using food coloring. Once you drizzle the pink chocolate over the popcorn, you have a pretty colored popcorn treat.
This is a yummy Valentine’s Day party food or gift idea (simply wrap up a scoop or two in a bag). I can also imagine this would be a super cute pink baby shower snack. Have I told you how deliciously addictive this popcorn can be?
Pink Chocolate & Peppermint Popcorn Recipe
- One regular sized bag of microwave popcorn
- 2 squares of white almond bark
- 1/3 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Pink or red food coloring
1. Pop microwave popcorn according to package directions. Pour into large mixing bowl.
2. Melt 2 squares of white almond bark. How I melted mine: I put 2 squares of white almond bark into a microwave-safe bowl and cooked it for 1 minute, stirred, then immediately cooked again for 30 second increments, stirring in between until the bark is completely melted. Add a few drops of food coloring and stir. I used pink food coloring, but red food coloring should turn a shade of pink when mixed with the white bark.
3. Once the bark is melted, pour it over the popcorn in the bowl and stir until popcorn is lightly coated.
4. Carefully fold in the Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips until well mixed. Allow popcorn to cool until chocolate is set. It’s ready to serve or store in an airtight container.
Here’s what the Andes baking chips bag looks like:
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for recipes like this and much more!