Summer is here and that is prime road trip season for my family. We love to get in the car and take off for the weekend. Sometimes we don’t even have a destination in mind – we just hop in the car and drive!
Whether we know where we are going or not, I do like to have a plan for our on-the-road snacks and meals. I keep at least one (sometimes 2) coolers handy so I can pack them with drinks and other goodies to keep up going. Planning ahead means we aren’t just eating junk food the entire trip. I’m not saying we don’t eat any candy or treats. We do! But it is important to keep real food on the menu even when you are away from home. Here are a few ways to help your family eat fresh on road trips.
1. Fill a cooler with healthier snack options. Fruits like apples, oranges and strawberries are easy to bring. Granola bars, protein bars, dried fruit, yogurt and nuts are a few of our other favorites.
2. Skip the drive thru. Drive thru restaurants may be fast, but the food
3. Don’t eat at a gas station. Gas station food is hit and miss when it comes to fresh foods. In my experience, the gas stations are almost always a miss.
4. Find the grocery store in town. Pick up fresh fruit and shop the deli for prepared fresh food options.
5. Look for a Papa John’s pizza store. Find them online and call ahead for pickup if delivery isn’t an option. We’ve had pizza delivered to our hotel, which is convenient. I also call ahead and order pizza for pick-up as we pass through a town. You can even place online orders and schedule them for pickup or delivery.
On our recent road trip to Las Vegas, everyone had had their fill of snacks from the cooler. We all wanted to eat a hot meal. One thing everyone in my family loves to eat is PIZZA. We especially love Papa John’s pizza because they use FRESH ingredients.
I used my smart phone to look up a Papa John’s in an upcoming town. I used their online ordering service to place and pay for my order. Plus, I was able to schedule it to be ready at the exact time we would be passing through the town. Everything worked out perfectly. We pulled off the highway, found Papa John’s and I picked up our pizza. We hopped in our trailer to eat and were back on the road in no time.
Papa John’s Better Ingredients.
I like that no matter where we go, we know what to expect when we order Papa John’s pizza.Papa John’s uses fresh, quality ingredients and has a Gold Standard to ensure they are making high quality pizzas in each and every one of their stores. That is why Papa John’s pizza tastes so good no matter where you buy it! Papa John’s goes around the world to get the best ingredients from the best suppliers.
You know those delicious Papa John’s pepperonicis? (Everyone in my family usually fights over who gets to eat the whole pepperonicis that come on the side of our pizza.) They are grown in the Mediterranean region and Papa John’s uses them because they are the best in the world.
Papa John’s pizzas are made with fresh dough, real meat, 100% real cheese and fresh cut veggies. And of course they use their Signature Sauce made from California vine-ripened tomatoes. There are no trans-fats, no MSG, no BHA or BHT, no fillers in the meat toppings and no partially hydrogenated oils in Papa John’s ingredients.
Love fresh pizza? Order Papa John’s today!
What is your favorite Papa John’s pizza? Have you ever ordered Papa John’s on the road?
Papa John’s has NO trans fats, no MSG, no BHA or BHT, no fillers in its meat toppings and no partially hydrogenated oils. To learn more, visit www.papajohns.com/better.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Papa John’s. Papa John’s provided the pizza featured in this conversation to me free-of-charge. The opinions and text are all mine.