Have you ever been faced with the Dessert Table Dilemma? That’s when you see two desserts you really really want, but you can only take one. A chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick is a solution to your problem. Satisfy your craving for chocolate and cheesecake in one delicious dessert!
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment. #SLSweetTreats This blog post may contain affiliate links.
This dessert is easy to make when you use a frozen Sara Lee Cheesecake. The only other things you’ll need are wooden popsicle sticks, chocolate chips and decorative sprinkles.
How to make Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake on a Stick
- One Sara Lee Cheesecake (from your grocer’s freezer section)
- 15 ounces chocolate chips (milk and dark chocolate chips work great)
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Remove Sara Lee Cheesecake from freezer and allow to soften about 2-5 minutes at room temperature. You just want it to be soft enough slice it with a knife into 8 equal portions.
2. Work quickly (cheesecake thaws fast) and insert a popsicle stick about 1.5 inches into each cheesecake slice. Don’t worry if the cheesecake breaks, just press it back into shape if necessary.
3. Put cheesecake slices back into freezer for 15-30 minutes so they can re-harden before you dip them in the warm chocolate.
When you are ready to cover the cheesecake with chocolate:
Melt 15 ounces of chocolate chips. I put my chips in a microwaveable safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between each heating session. It takes a couple of minutes to get the chips completely melted and smooth.
Once the chocolate chips are melted:
1. Remove cheesecake slices from the freezer. You may only want to remove a few at a time because they are easier to coat with chocolate when they are completely frozen.
2. Work quickly to coat each cheesecake slice with melted chocolate. I held each slice by the stick and used a spoonula to spread chocolate on the top, bottom and sides of the cheesecake.
3. Put chocolate-covered cheesecake slices on a foil-covered flat surface (a baking sheet works great) and add sprinkles immediately (before the chocolate hardens).
4. Repeat for each remaining slice. The chocolate will harden very quickly.
5. Store chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick in the freezer until ready to serve.
*Tip: It’s important to keep this dessert frozen until ready to serve. Cheesecake softens very quickly (within minutes) at room temperature.
If you liked this, you’ll definitely want to check out my Oreo Cheesecake recipe.
Do you love chocolate? Do you love cheesecake? Do you love serving desserts in fun ways? What do you think of Chocolate-Covered Cheesecake on a Stick?