I love Nordic Ware’s baking and cooking products so much, I feel really lucky to be part of their blogger program. Nordic Ware sent me the 3 Quart Dutch Oven from their ProCast Traditions Collections. It’s an early holiday gift that I get to enjoy the whole season long!
I wasn’t very familiar with cast aluminum pans, but the first thing I noticed about this Dutch Oven is that it is much easier to lift than my cast iron pans. This lovely cast aluminum pan weighs just 4.8 pounds. It is able to go from stove to oven to table, making it one of the most versatile pans your kitchen could ever have. I plan to use it for all the soups and comforting casseroles I have in mind to make now that colder weather is here.
The 3 quart Dutch oven is a wonderful everyday size for my family of six. Cast aluminum provides more efficient cooking properties than enameled cast iron with faster, more uniform heat conduction. It is nonstick and will never rust, which is a plus and a plus in my book. Nordic Ware’s 3 Quart Dutch Oven ($110, nordicware.com) is available in three classic color options.
One of the first soups I made in this Dutch Oven was Chicken Tortilla Soup. It takes me about 30 minutes to make this delicious soup everyone in my family loves. A warm tomato-based broth filled with shredded chicken breast, noodles, green chiles, corn and beans definitely hits the spot on chilly days.
Simmering Chicken Tortilla Soup in Nordic Ware’s 3 Quart Dutch Oven
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 cup medium egg noodle (uncooked)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 1 can diced green chiles (4 ounces)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded *I use Rotisserie chicken to speed things up
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup kidney beans (drain and rinsed from a can)
- Garnish: Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Tortilla Chips
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, stirring frequently until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes.)
- Stir in chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, green chiles, corn, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and noodles, and heat through (about 2 minutes.)
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
I definitely enjoy using the Nordic Ware cast aluminum Dutch Oven for cooking and heating soups. Plus, it is easy to clean when I am finished using it. I hand wash my Dutch Oven and the lid with dish soap and a cloth.
You may already be familiar with Nordic Ware’s famous bundt cake pan. This Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe tastes delicious baked in one! Shop the Nordic Ware website to find gift ideas for the cooks, bakers and grill masters in your life. I guarantee you’ll find something unique they will love.
Nordic Ware products are heirloom quality and have a lifetime warranty. Nordic Ware is a family-owned business that has been around since 1946! They value keeping jobs local, so nearly 70 years later, they still makes more than 90% of their products in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Instagram: @nordicwareusa • Facebook: /nordicware • Twitter: @nordicware
#MadeinUSA #Nordicwareusa, #Holidaycooking, #CastAluminumCookware
Visit NordicWare.com and let me know what’s on your Wish List!